ASPS Positions on Recommended Insurance Coverage Criteria
- These papers outline the Society's position on recommended insurance coverage criteria for third-party payer coverage.
Endorsed Guidelines Developed by Other Medical Societies
- The guidelines listed here have been reviewed and approved by the appropriate ASPS committee and approved for endorsement by the ASPS Executive Committee.
Evidence-Based Guidelines/Practice Parameters
- Evidence-based guidelines are systematically developed recommendations for patient care that describe a basic management strategy—or a range of such strategies. Practice Parameters provide guidance or direction for the diagnosis, management and treatment of specific clinical problems.
Evidence-Based Patient Safety Advisories
- These practice advisories were developed by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Committee on Patient Safety.
Plastic Surgery Clinical Privileges
- This resource has information on granting clinical privileges for plastic surgical services based on the realities of medical practice and education of the specialist.
Policy Statements/Guiding Principles
- Policy Statements and guiding principles from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons on mesotherapy injection lipolysis, facial transplantation and other topics.