Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Utilize the changes in 2013 CPT codes that affect plastic surgery practice.
- Explain the major changes in 2013 Medicare regulation.
- Apply correct CPT coding concepts to key plastic surgery services including breast reconstruction, skin lesion removal, flaps and grafts, wound debridement, hand surgery and more.
- Discuss application of new and revised plastic surgery CPT codes in reporting services including evaluation and management coding.
- Describe the key steps to a successful revenue cycle.
- Identify ways to prepare for the new ICD-10 codes.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders for 12.0 Continuing Education Units. Granting of this approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the Academy of the program, content or the program sponsor.
ABMS Core Competencies
The following ABMS core competencies will be addressed:
- Systems-Based Practice