The Essentials book has been written primarily for medical students, with constant attention to the thought, “Is this something a student should know when he or she finishes medical school?”
It is not designed to be a comprehensive text, but rather an outline that can be read in the limited time available in a burgeoning curriculum. It is designed to be read from beginning to end.
- Introduction and Table of Contents
- Preface: A Career in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Chapter 1: Wounds
- Chapter 2: Grafts and Flaps
- Chapter 3: Skin and Subcutaneous Lesions
- Chapter 4: Head and Neck
- Chapter 5: Breast, Trunk and External Genitalia
- Chapter 6: Upper Extremity
- Chapter 7: Lower Extremity
- Chapter 8: Thermal Injuries
- Chapter 9: Aesthetic Surgery
- Chapter 10: Body Contouring
Download a complete version of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Essentials for Students (1 MB)
The Plastic Surgery Foundation is the educational arm of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc. The PSF is proud to display the symbol of excellence of ASPS signifying the professional expertise of plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada.
The mission of The PSF is to develop and support the domestic and international education, research and public service activities of plastic surgeons.