Founded in 1931, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons®; (ASPS®) is the world's premier organization representing plastic surgery. With over 6,000 board-certified plastic surgeons that have at least five years of surgical training - with a minimum of two years specifically in plastic surgery. ASPS' core value embodies excellence in plastic surgery through education, research, intellectual exchange, and promoting unity in the specialty of plastic surgery. ASPS is recognized as the voice of plastic surgery by the public, organized medicine, industry, and government and works to position its members for success in a highly competitive environment through educational forums and the development of guidelines and products to enhance the profession.
The Plastic Surgery Foundation® (The PSF®), established in 1948, provides crucial support for research, international outreach, educational programs and opportunities, and access to resources and technology to assist you in better serving the needs of your patients.
- Plastic Surgery Education Campaign (PSEC) - This award-winning national advertising and television campaign promotes ASPS board-certified plastic surgeons through the ASPS Referral Service as the right choice when considering plastic surgery.
- Advocacy - A multi-faceted effort on issues including tort reform, Medicare payment and scope of practice, and delivering plastic surgery's message to government, payers and organized medicine.
- Award-winning Publications - Members receive Plastic Surgery News® and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official scientific journal of the ASPS.
- The ASPS Website at www.plasticsurgery.org, which is accessed by millions of people every year who are interested in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and are seeking to find an ASPS board-certified plastic surgeon via the Find a Plastic Surgeon Referral Service.
- ASPS Members Only Website Content - Provides members exclusive entrée to a network of more than 5,000 of their peers, where you can discuss clinical and practice management issues, update CME records, purchase products, and research a wealth of plastic surgery articles.
- Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting: The Premier Educational Experience - This annual meeting offers a packed curriculum of clinical and practice management courses, keynote lectures, instructional courses, and panel discussions, surrounded by the largest trade exhibit for the specialty of plastic surgery.
- CME Tracking - View your CME hours for maintenance of certification requirements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
And much more...
Your essential partner in the practice of plastic surgery.SM
Applications & Information
Active Membership Process (United States and Canada)
- Steps to become an active member in ASPS.
International Membership Process for MOU Countries (Memorandum of Understanding)
- Apply here if you are a surgeon practicing in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, United Kingdom or Taiwan.
International Membership Process for All Other Countries
- Apply here for International Membership for all countries except those listed above.
International Trainees Forum
- Learn how to become a part of the ASPS International Trainees Forum.
Associate Membership Process
- Requirements and how to apply for ASPS Associate Membership, an honor bestowed upon individuals who have achieved outstanding recognition in their field and who have made significant contributions to plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Residents & Fellows Forum Process
- Learn how to become a part of the ASPS Residents & Fellows Forum.
Affiliate Membership Process
- Learn how to become an Affiliate Member in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Other Membership Categories and Programs
- Information on Honorary Memberships, Life Active Members and Life Inactive Members.
Additional Information on ASPS Membership
- Contact information to learn more about ASPS membership categories and requirements.