Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Director of Corporate Development
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a director of corporate development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all fund development and corporate relations activities of ASPS, The Plastic Surgery Foundation (The PSF) and the National Endowment for Plastic Surgery (NEPS).
The director of corporate development is responsible for increasing the visibility of the ASPS and The PSF with external donors, including Society members, private foundations, corporations, corporate foundations and government agencies. The director is actively engaged in working to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with private and public sectors, as well as other key communities that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the organizations.
- Advance the interests of ASPS and The PSF by researching, identifying and soliciting sources of private and public support; proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on giving guidelines and interests; and by maintaining strong communication ties with corporate and Foundation donors and prospects, as well as government agencies.
- The director is a key advisor in recommending strategies to ensure the development department is successful in pursuing external funding.
- Oversee media relations, marketing and communication.
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive proactive development strategy that focuses on expanding and enhancing corporate and Foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate and Foundation monetary support.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for corporate and Foundation prospects; leverage diverse corporate and Foundation goals and interests in conjunction with the organization’s goals.
- Create and maintain an annual operations plan with measurable program goals, individual prospect funding goals and a comprehensive grants calendar.
- Develop, track and report key measures of progress in all areas of grant activity.
- Serve as primary staff liasion (after the vice president of communications and external affairs) to current and potential corporate sponsors.
- Ensure ASPS and The PSF are in compliance with all funding requirements.
- Up to 25% of time is spent traveling for corporate relations and development visits.
- Assist leadership in identifying and addressing organizational development issues that challenge and support the effectiveness of the organization.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing (master’s degree preferred).
Experience: Eight to ten years of experience in a complex organizational setting with responsibility for meeting revenue goals.
Certifications: Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
ASPS offers a competitive benefits package and excellent work environment. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and enter "Director of Corporate Development" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), established in 1931, is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. ASPS represents more than 7,000 board-certified plastic surgeons, and is committed to advancing quality care and safety standards to patients everywhere. Plastic surgery thrives on innovation and ASPS member surgeons continue to be at the forefront of new clinical breakthroughs. By encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice, and research, ASPS helps plastic surgeons and their staffs provide outstanding patient care.
ASPS is conveniently located in northwest suburban Chicago (Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).