Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Education Program Manager
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is seeking an education program manager to work in our Education and Meetings Department.
The ideal candidate will manage and administer the educational program for the Annual Scientific Meeting, including curriculum development, program administration, implementation, evaluation and forward planning. This individual will act as liaison for, and provide guidance to, overall education and annual meeting-related educational program committees with regard to committee structure, strategic planning, curriculum development, budget, emerging trends and data compilation and analysis.
If you are a self-starter with great leadership skills who enjoys working in a fast pace work environment and has high attention to detail and follow-through, strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and has the ability to accept and adapt to a changing work environment, then this is the job for you.
- ASPS Annual Meeting
- Manage the overall educational program for the Annual Scientific Meeting, including needs assessment, curriculum overview evaluation and strategic planning, as well as management of planning and execution of annual event.
- Serve as liaison to the Annual Meeting Program and Instructional Course committees with regard to committee structure, strategic planning, curriculum development, budget, emerging trends and data compilation and analysis. Monitor and ensure compliance with ACCME Accreditation Essentials and Standards for Commercial Support.
- Manage all details for peer review abstract submission process. Produce Annual Meeting Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery supplement issue and related products.
- Collaborate with Meetings Department team members and necessary audio visual personnel to develop proper material presentation guidelines for all activities, and ensure communication with and compliance by faculty. Oversee technology communication mechanisms, including but not limited to, speaker material upload systems and multiple system communications.
- Assist in the coordination of ACCME Reaccreditation Survey: Ensures that all documentation, including but not limited to, disclosure, needs assessment, training materials, related corporate support and evidence of non-bias is documented and available upon request; completes survey documentation for submission in a timely manner; responds to all requests from the ACCME regarding the survey outcomes and/or interim requests for information in a timely manner.
- Assist with the internal review and maintenance schedules, including routine analysis of general membership guidelines and educational activities as they relate to ACCME Essentials and Standards.
Education: Bachelor's degree a minimum; Master's degree a plus.
Experience: Three to five years of clinical education experience, preferably some of which is in a medical society.
ASPS offers a competitive benefits package and excellent work environment. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume, writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "Education Program Manager" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), established in 1931, is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. ASPS represents more than 7,000 board-certified plastic surgeons, and is committed to advancing quality care and safety standards to patients everywhere. Plastic surgery thrives on innovation and ASPS member surgeons continue to be at the forefront of new clinical breakthroughs. By encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice, and research, ASPS helps plastic surgeons and their staffs provide outstanding patient care.
ASPS is conveniently located in northwest suburban Chicago (Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).