Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Marketing Associate
Reports To: Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a marketing associate to work in our Communications Department.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned communicator to join our team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications campaigns to promote patient education products, educational symposia for surgeons and act as a project manager with team members throughout the building. Your marketing expertise will help to ensure that the organization achieves its revenue goals. Your excellent collaboration skills and attention to detail will ensure consistent and ongoing communication across multiple channels. As part of the ongoing creative process, you'll also work hand-in-hand with designers, digital marketing designers and product managers within the communications department.
The ideal candidate will be esponsible for creating and implementing marketing communications campaigns consistent with American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Practice Solutions and Plastic Surgery The Meeting strategic business objectives.
- Writes and formats strong communication collateral utilizing knowledge of current best practice for collateral items, newsletters, articles, ads and digital marketing efforts.
- Researches, plans and creates marketing tactical plans, timelines and budgets for The Plastic Surgery Foundation individual giving, corporate support and product campaigns, including the ASPS Resource Center at Plastic Surgery The Meeting.
- Responsible for consistent and ongoing communication, including recommending marketing plan modifications, timeline updates, revenue and expense reports. Alerts team of project "road blocks" or delays that affect the plan.
- Works with Marketing Coordinator on event logistics and timelines with various contractors, vendors for industry trade-shows inclusive of branding, product collateral, and trade show/traveling exhibit displays.
- Provides annual revenue and expense budget projections based on historical data and information for assigned projects at the beginning of organization's budget cycle.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills working with multiple groups to gain buy-in and approvals
- Basic HTML formatting skills and SEO copywriting experience
- Proficient w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Limited travel (4-6) times year, including working in a trade show booth
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in marketing, advertising or communications department
Additional Information: Perform other duties as assigned.
ASPS offers a competitive benefits package and excellent work environment. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "Marketing Associate" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), established in 1931, is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. ASPS represents more than 94% of board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States, and is committed to advancing quality care and safety standards to patients everywhere. Plastic surgery thrives on innovation and ASPS member surgeons continue to be at the forefront of new clinical breakthroughs. By encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice, and research, ASPS helps plastic surgeons and their staffs provide outstanding patient care.
ASPS is conveniently located in northwest suburban Chicago (Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).