Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Marketing Project Associate
Reports To: Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a Marketing Project Associate to work in our Communications Department.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications campaigns to promote educational programs, new products and services to members, prospects, sponsors and other stakeholders. Your marketing expertise will help to ensure that the organization achieves its revenue and expense goals for each assigned program. Your excellent collaboration skills will ensure consistent and ongoing communication with internal clients. As part of the ongoing creative process, you'll also work hand-in-hand with team members to execute effective print and online marketing plans. If you are organized, dynamic, detail oriented, analytical and love marketing, we'd like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing communications campaigns consistent with American Society of Plastic Surgeons strategic business objectives.
- Writes strong marketing collateral utilizing knowledge of current best practices for brochures, web ads, website landing pages, Google AdWords campaigns, email marketing and print advertising.
- Researches, plans and creates marketing tactical plans, timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for consistent and ongoing communication, including recommending marketing plan modifications, timeline updates, revenue and expense reports.
- Works with Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications on branding, product collateral, and trade show/traveling exhibit displays.
- Provides annual revenue and expense budget projections based on historical data and information for assigned projects at the beginning of organization's budget cycle.
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Experience in project management
- Minimum three years experience in a marketing, advertising or communications department
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (news, features, sales, promotional, advertising)
- Experience with email campaign coordination and execution through Blue Hornet, Mail Chimp or similar
- Budget preparation experience
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills
- Limited travel (1-2) times year
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
Experience: Three years minimum experience in a marketing, advertising or communications department
Additional Information: Perform other duties as assigned.
ASPS offers a competitive benefits package and excellent work environment. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume and salary history to email@example.com and enter "Marketing Project Associate" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).