Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Quality Programs Manager
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a quality programs manager to work in our Quality and Health Policy Department.
The ideal candidate will manage and implement the organization's quality initiatives and related activities to advance evidence-based medicine in plastic surgery; oversee and participate in the successful development of practice parameters, evidence-based clinical guidelines and quality measures; serve as the organization's lead staff resource on evidence-based medicine; and monitor and develop opportunities to enhance quality measurement, reporting and guideline development in plastic surgery.
If you are a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast pace work environment and has high attention to detail and follow-through, strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and has the ability to accept and adapt to a changing work environment, then this is the job for you.
- Manage the organization's quality program initiatives:
- In consulatation with supervisor, manage all phases of the design, implementation and production of high quality and relevant quality programs/products in support of member and organizational needs. Ensure the quality, accuracy and relevance of quality program deliverables.
- In collaboration with physician leadership and staff, develop and implement an overall stragetic plan for identifying opportunties to enhance the organization's overall quality program; recommend and manage an effective structure to maintain and grow ASPS/The Plastic Surgery Foundation quality programs; and identify and propose for consideration new program opportunities.
- Develop project goals and timelines, plan and distribute work assignments to staff, committee members and consultants, and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Review all draft work products and organize the final product.
- Oversee the Development of Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Complete systematic literature reviews and critical appraisals of the medical literature to support the development of, as needed:
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Guiding Principles
- Patient Safety Guides
- Performance Measures
- CME Content
- Research Programs/Projects
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master of public health or related master's degree desirable.
Experience: Five or more years experience in drafting, revising and finalizing clinical materials such as guidelines, journal articles, etc.
We are also looking for candidates with experience/skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of EBM concepts including:
- Research study design
- Literature search methods and programs (e.g. PubMed, Cochrane Database, CINAHL, etc)
- Systematic review process
- Critically appraising studies for levels of evidence
- Basic statistics
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with CME function
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with performance measurement and quality improvement
- Familiarity with National Guideline Clearinghouse and Institute of Medicine guideline requirements
- Excellent writing skills:
- Highly attentive to detail
- Able to produce well organized documents with minimal supervision under tight timelines
- Ability to convey clinical message clearly and accurately
- Strong managerial, budgeting and analytical skills
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and referencing software (e.g. Reference Manager)
- Experience in health/medical association management a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication and project coordination skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple projects
ASPS offers a competitive benefits package and excellent work environment. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume, writing sample and salary history to email@example.com and enter "Quality Programs Manager" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), established in 1931, is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. ASPS represents more than 7,000 board-certified plastic surgeons, and is committed to advancing quality care and safety standards to patients everywhere. Plastic surgery thrives on innovation and ASPS member surgeons continue to be at the forefront of new clinical breakthroughs. By encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice, and research, ASPS helps plastic surgeons and their staffs provide outstanding patient care.
ASPS is conveniently located in northwest suburban Chicago (Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).