The Patients of Courage: Triumph Over Adversity program honors reconstructive plastic surgery patients whose lives were restored through reconstructive plastic surgery and whose charitable actions influence the lives around them.
ASPS members nominate patients who carry an optimistic outlook on life and positively affect people around them, despite the difficulties of their reconstructive procedures. These extraordinary reconstructive plastic surgery patients are honored by ASPS at its annual scientific meeting.
How To Nominate Patients
Please complete and submit the following forms to Rosie Marszalek. If you have any questions, please call Rosie at 847-228-3363.
The deadline for nominations is June 26, 2015.
ASPS members or their staff are asked to submit a nomination letter—no more than two pages in length—about each nominee. Patients must have been treated and currently reside in the United States, with the exception of U.S. military patients. Nominations will not be considered unless they include specific, mandatory information. The requirements are that nominations must be sent in the form of a letter—in Microsoft Word format—that contains the following information:
- The patient's name, age and contact information (address, phone, and e-mail, for internal use only)
- A short description of treatment (lengthy descriptions of surgical treatments are discouraged)
- An explanation of how the patient successfully recovered
- An explanation of how the patient turned his or her journey into a positive life-changing experience
- A description of how the patient gives back to others in the community
- Details about this unique patient/doctor relationship
- Confirmation that the nominee will allow ASPS to visit his or her hometown to film a short video about how the patient overcame adversity
- One current .JPG photo of the patient clothed, or one pair of before-and-after photos. A photo of the patient participating in their charitable work is preferred
- Signed patient authorization forms releasing the patient's information and photos to ASPS (links are at top of page)