In October 2011 Canada launched the first ever Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day. This year, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and The Plastic Surgery Foundation (The PSF) took the lead by launching a two-year breast reconstruction awareness campaign and announcing the first national BRA Day USA on October 17, 2012.
Renowned singer-songwriter, philanthropist and breast cancer advocate Jewel will serve as our national spokesperson over the next two years, and will perform a series of public service announcements, including a benefit concert to help raise additional funds and awareness.
Closing the loop on breast cancer is made possible with the support and generosity of many sponsors and partners. ASPS and The PSF are grateful to the following organizations for their support of the first year of the BRA Day USA campaign:
Charitable partner for "An Evening with Jewel"
ASPS and The PSF, together with CAGNO and Breastoration, wish to thank all the local sponsors for "An Evening with Jewel":
- Drs. Richard D. Celentano and Celeste Lagarde
- Bollinger Shipyards, Inc.
- Goldring Family Foundation
- Jones Walker
- Malcolm M. Dienes, LLC
- Patrick F. Taylor Foundation
- The Sport Family Foundation
- The Wall Center for Plastic Surgery
- American Luxury Limousines
- Baptist Community Ministries
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Brice Building Company
- Chehardy Sherman
- Cynthia A. De Luca, APLC
- Dr. Maitland DeLand
- Dr. Michele Cooper
- Dr. Mohammed Suleman
- Louisiana Breast Cancer Task Force
- Plastic Surgery Consultants - Drs. Wade, Stephens & Hanemann
- The Woldenberg Foundation
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana & United Way Women's Leadership Council
- Colon and Sands Plastic Surgery
Interested in learning more about BRA Day USA sponsorship opportunities? Please contact Karen Craven at email@example.com.