Rhinoplasty terms to know
- Cartilage: Connective tissue that forms the structure of the nose.
- Columella: The narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils.
- Deviated septum: Cartilage that separates the nostrils is misaligned which may cause partial nasal airway obstruction.
- General anesthesia: Drugs and/or gases used during an operation to relieve pain and alter consciousness.
- Hematoma: Blood pooling beneath the skin.
- Intravenous sedation: Sedatives administered by injection into a vein to help you relax.
- Local anesthesia: A drug injected directly to the site of an incision during an operation to relieve pain.
- Rhinoplasty: Surgery to reshape the nose.