Tummy tuck words to know
- Abdominoplasty: A surgical procedure to correct the apron of excess skin hanging over your abdomen.
- Diastasis: Condition in which abdominal muscles have separated.
- General anesthesia: Drugs and/or gases used during an operation to relieve pain and alter consciousness.
- Hematoma: Blood pooling beneath the skin.
- Intravenous sedation: Sedatives administered by injection into a vein to help you relax.
- Liposuction: Also called lipoplasty or suction lipectomy, this procedure vacuums out fat from beneath the skin’s surface to reduce fullness.
- Local anesthesia: A drug is injected directly to the site of an incision during an operation to relieve pain.
- Sutures: Stitches used by surgeons to hold skin and tissue together.
- Tummy tuck: A surgical procedure to correct the apron of excess skin hanging over your abdomen.