Your Voice is Valued. Your Voice is Needed.
ASPS announces 2015 Federal Regional Fly-In schedule
November 2–3, 2015 | Washington, DC
— Northeast and West regions welcome
Our elected officials rely on their constituents to help guide their decisions. When those constituents have first-hand knowledge of how federal policy impacts our lives, their insights are even more important. As a physician you have a perspective that your Member of Congress wants to hear. You can use your voice to help shape our practices, our profession, and the care our patients receive.
ASPS invites you to participate in one of the Society's upcoming regional advocacy fly-in events in Washington, D.C. Participants will learn firsthand about critical issues facing the specialty, and then take that message directly to lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
On November 2-3, 2015, we invite members of the Northeast and West regions, including AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, District of Columbia, HI, ID, KS, ME, MD, MA, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY and Puerto Rico.
Possible topics of discussion at the November 2015 Fly-In include:
- Raising patient awareness of health insurance coverage for breast reconstruction and prostheses post mastectomy, including the Breast Cancer Patient Education Act
- Increasing the cap on Medicare-funded graduate medical education (GME) positions and increasing funding for those additional residency slots
- Advancing policies that make it easier for Medicare beneficiaries to enter into private self-pay contracts with physicians
- Repealing the Independent Payment Advisory Board and/or any other mechanisms that erode transparency and fairness in Medicare payment policy development
- Supporting medical innovation
To register for this event, please contact Jessica Frasco at 847-228-3392 or JFrasco@PlasticSurgery.org
Registration for this event is limited. The ASPS Fly-In events are free of charge, although participants are responsible for their airfare, hotel and other incidentals.