Your Voice is Valued. Your Voice is Needed.
ASPS announces 2015 Federal Regional Fly-In schedule
June 2–3, 2015 | Washington, DC
— Southeast and Midwest regions welcome
Our elected officials rely on their constituents to help guide their decisions. When those constituents have first-hand knowledge of how federal policy impacts our lives, their insights are even more important. As a physician you have a perspective that your Member of Congress wants to hear. You can use your voice to help shape our practices, our profession, and the care our patients receive.
ASPS invites you to participate in one of the Society's upcoming regional advocacy fly-in events in Washington, D.C. Participants will learn firsthand about critical issues facing the specialty, and then take that message directly to lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
On June 2-3, 2015, we invite members of the Southeast and Midwest regions, including AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NC, OH, SC, TN, VA, WV, and WI.
Possible topics of discussion at the June 2015 Fly-In include:
- Raising patient awareness of health insurance coverage for breast reconstruction and prostheses post mastectomy, including the Breast Cancer Patient Education Act
- Increasing the cap on Medicare-funded graduate medical education (GME) positions and increasing funding for those additional residency slots
- Protecting patient safety through policies that prevent non-physicians from performing complex surgical procedures
- Ensuring that unqualified practitioners cannot advertise in a false or misleading way
- Repealing the Independent Payment Advisory Board and/or any other mechanisms that erode transparency and fairness in Medicare payment policy development
To register for this event, please contact Jessica Frasco at 847-228-3392 or JFrasco@PlasticSurgery.org
Registration for this event is limited. The June, 2015, Southeast/Midwest Fly-In is free of charge, although participants are responsible for their airfare, hotel and other incidentals.
Members from the Northeast and West regions will be invited to join us in the Fall of 2015. This includes: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, District of Columbia, HI, ID, KS, ME, MD, MA, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, and WY.