With only a short time remaining before Congress adjourns for the year, there is considerable support for repealing the Medicare Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) physician payment formula before the end of the 113th Congress.
Latest Legislation & Advocacy News
21st Century Cures Draft Legislation Expected in Early 2015
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee launched its bipartisan 21st Century Cures Initiative earlier this year with the goal of accelerating the discovery, development and delivery cycle of new cures and treatments.
114th Congress Leadership and Committee Chairmen Announced
- House Republicans have chosen their committee chairmen for the 114th Congress, and Democrats have selected most ranking members.
Ways and Means Propose Site Neutral Hospital Prospective Payment System
- The House Ways and Means Committee released a bipartisan draft bill, the Hospitals Improvement for Payment (HIP) Act, on November 19th in response to the Committee’s concerns regarding Medicare’s two-midnights policy for determining inpatient stays, short inpatient stays, outpatient observation stays, as well as concerns related to auditing and appeals.
NAIC Considers Network Adequacy Standards
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) is currently in the process of updating its Health Benefit Plan Network Access and Adequacy Model Act for the first time since 1996.
Illinois Fails to Pass State Health Exchange
- The veto session in Illinois has ended as House Speaker Michael Madigan adjourned his chamber on Wednesday Dec. 4, meaning that no other measures will be heard until the Governor-elect Bruce Rauner is seated.