ASPS has submitted comments to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding the draft guidance document titled “Same Surgical Procedure Exception Questions and Answers Regarding the Scope of the Exception” released in October 2014.
Latest Legislation & Advocacy News
Health Care Issues to Follow in 2015
- Republican control of both the House and the Senate has the potential to change the dynamic on a number of major health care issues in the 114th Congress.
California Limits Application of Medical Liability Damage Cap
- The Supreme Court of California has held that in medical professional negligence cases, the noneconomic damages cap applies only to “judgments,” or the amount of damages awarded to the plaintiff determined in court but does not apply to settlements.
Senate Closes Out 113th Congress With Passage of Tax Extenders
- Before adjourning the 113th Congress, the Senate sent to the president for his signature H.R. 5771, which would extend various tax provisions through December 31, 2014.
House and Senate Pass Cromnibus Spending Bill
- Before adjourning for the year, the House and the Senate passed H.R. 83, referred to as the Cromnibus (i.e., combined continuing resolution and omnibus appropriations bill).
FY 2015 Cromnibus Paves the Way for the 114th Congress
- The 114th Congress convened on January 6. The Republican majority has stated its intent to return to “regular order.” Regular order would involve the passage of individual spending bills through a process that has been absent in recent years.