Regulation of Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular or Tissue-Based Products
- In late 2014, the FDA released three draft guidance documents that would dramatically change the regulation of human cells, tissues, and cellular or tissue-based products (HCT/Ps).
Medicare - Proposed and Final Rules
- Each year, in July, the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) releases proposed updates to the next year's Medicare fee schedules.
ASPS Launches RUC Surveys
- ASPS will be conducting several American Medical Association Relative Value Scale Update Committee (AMA RUC) surveys in the coming weeks. Learn more about the surveys and get answers to frequently asked questions.
Physician Payment Sunshine Act
- Physician Payment Sunshine Act frequently asked questions
ASPS Positions on Recommended Insurance Coverage Criteria
- These papers outline the Society's position on recommended insurance coverage criteria for third-party payer coverage.
Endorsed Guidelines Developed by Other Medical Societies
- The guidelines listed here have been reviewed and approved by the appropriate ASPS committee and approved for endorsement by the ASPS Executive Committee.
Evidence-Based Guidelines and Practice Parameters
- Evidence-Based Guidelines are systematically developed recommendations for patient care that describe a basic management strategy—or a range of such strategies. Practice Parameters provide guidance or direction for the diagnosis, management and treatment of specific clinical problems.
Evidence-Based Patient Safety Advisories
- These practice advisories were developed by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Committee on Patient Safety.
Plastic Surgery Clinical Privileges
- This resource has information on granting clinical privileges for plastic surgical services based on the realities of medical practice and education of the specialist.
Policy Statements & Guiding Principles
- Policy Statements and guiding principles from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons on mesotherapy injection lipolysis, facial transplantation and other topics.