Key Issues in Plastic Surgery
Index of Key Issues
Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Resources
- Information on the Shared Savings Program and Accountable Care Organizations
Breast Implant Research Project
- A letter from ASPS leadership addressing the launch of a multifaceted research project regarding breast implants. Includes additional resources on the issue.
Breast Implant Safety
- New information from the FDA and ASPS on breast implant safety.
- Documents include practice parameters and insurance coverage criteria on breast implants, breast reconstruction, breast reduction and gynecomastia.
- Resources include an issue brief, state law coverage on Children's Deformities and information on the CARES Act.
Cosmetic Procedure Taxes
- Documents include position statement and talking points
Dental Scope of Practice
- Resources include issue brief, talking points and crisis map
Healthcare Truth in Advertising
- Resources include a chart detailing physician truth in advertising laws by state.
- Documents include policy statement and legal analysis
- Evidence Based Patient Safety Advisory and Executive Summary
- Documents include talking points, payment brief, and letters to CMS
- Documents include ASPS accreditation bylaws, AMA patient safety principles and a state regulations chart and map.
- Materials include contact information for state medical, nursing, physician assistant and cosmetology boards; examples of APRN protocols; and a list of legal and risk management considerations.
- Documents include a medical reform issue brief, statement on informed consent, and Doctors Company resources.
Trauma Care Systems Planning and Development
- Documents include issue briefs, talking points and letters.
Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Awareness Campaign
- Resources and quick facts about the ASPS campaign to raise Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) awareness.