Avoid a 4% penalty with ASPS PQRSWizard
The ASPS PQRSWizard is a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services qualified registry for PQRS reporting and is designed specifically for the benefit of ASPS member surgeons who perform a significant amount of reconstructive plastic surgery procedures and who bill Medicare.
This unique, easy-to-use tool helps reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your PQRS report and will maximize accuracy and successful reimbursement from CMS for the 2013 PQRS reporting period and beyond.
PQRS has transitioned from an incentive payment to a payment adjustment (penalty) reporting system. Penalties for non-participation in PQRS for 2017 will be based on the 2015 reporting year. Physicians who DO NOT successfully participate in PQRS in 2015 will be penalized 2.0 percent to their Part B Medicare reimbursement in 2017.
Changes to the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) for 2015
2015 Reporting Requirements for Individual Physicians
EHR Reporting Option
- EPs must report 9 quality measures covering at least 3 National Quality Strategy domains
- If an EP’s EHR product doesn’t contain patient data for at least 9 measures covering at least 3 domains, the EP must report the measures for which there is Medicare patient data
Claims and Qualified Registry Reporting Options for Individual Measures
- EPs must report 9 quality measures covering at least 3 National Quality Strategy domains OR if < 9 measures covering at least 3 NQS domains are applicable, EPs should report 1-8 measures covering 1-3 NQS domains AND report each measure for at least 50% of the Medicare Part B FFS patients for whom the measure applies.
- EPs that report < 9 measures across 3 NQS domains will be subject to the Measures Applicability Validation (MAV) process, which allows CMS to determine whether an EP should have reported more measures over more domains
- The eligible professional will report on at least 1 measure contained in the cross-cutting measure set if they see at least 1 Medicare patient face-to-face.
Qualified Registry (ASPS PQRSWizard)
Reporting Option for Measures Groups
- 1 measures group for 20 applicable patients of each EP. 11 of 20 patients must be Medicare Part B FFS patients
Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for Individual Measures
- Report at least 9 measures, 1 of which is an outcome measure, covering at least 3 NQS domains. Report on at least 1 outcome measure and at least 1 of the following types of measures – resource use, patient experience of care, efficiency/appropriate use, or patient safety.
- Submit each measure for at least 50% of the EP’s applicable patients seen during the participation period.
CMS has removed the following measures from the 2015 program:
- Perioperative Care: Timing of Prophylactic Parenteral Antibiotic - Ordering Physician
- Perioperative Care: Timely Administration of Prophylactic Parenteral Antibiotics
- Chronic Wound Care: Use of Wound Surface Culture Technique in Patients with Chronic Skin Ulcers (Overuse Measure)
- Chronic Wound Care: Use of Wet to Dry Dressings in Patients with Chronic Skin Ulcers (Overuse Measure)
CMS has also removed the Perioperative Care Measures Group from the program.