Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the 2014 CPT code changes that affect plastic surgery practices.
- Apply correct CPT coding concepts to common plastic surgery services, including E&M, breast reconstruction, skin lesion removal, flaps and grafts, skin substitute, lacerations, and wound debridement procedures.
- Describe two aspects of a successful revenue cycle.
- Describe two actions that can be performed now to successfully transition to ICD-10-CM into a practice.
- Accurately code ICD-10-CM case examples.
ABMS Core Competencies
The following ABMS core competencies will be addressed:
- Systems-Based Practice
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders for 14.0 Continuing Education Units. Granting of this approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the Academy of the program, content or the program sponsor.