Plastic Surgery Update: January 2013
Plastic Surgery Update is a new monthly video news report featuring hot topics in plastic surgery. Members are free to share this video or embed on their own website.
- Click here to share the video on Facebook or Twitter
- Click here to get the video embed code for your website
- Liposuction Myth -- Believe liposuction is a good way to lose weight? The ASPS cautions consumers the procedure is only for fat that's resistant to diet exercise. Dr. Rod Rohrich, Editor-In-Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (PRS), weighs in on the topic.
- Tummy Tucks Help Keep Weight Off -- Research in the current issue of PRS looks at tummy tucks performed on people who were obese prior to the procedure. Learn why researchers believe these patients are more likely to keep the weight off for good.
- No Surgery for Smokers? -- Also from PRS, we're not just blowing smoke. The bad habit can bring disaster to surgery results.