In addition to being clinically competent, today's plastic surgeon must also understand fundamental principles required to manage the business side of the practice in a proactive manner. Regardless of the size of the practice, the physician must keep informed of the issues that continue to change the economics of health care that affect income. In this ever-changing environment, the Practice Management Resource Center is a place that provides plastic surgeons and their practice administrators vital information that will help manage and grow their practice. Whether you are just starting your practice or trying to take your practice to the next level, this resource center supports your needs every step of the way.
ASPS Practice Management is now available on the PSEN Online Learning website, and serves as a resource center for plastic surgeons and their office staff.
The PSEN is brought to you through a cooperative venture between the following societies:
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
• American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
• American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons (ACAPS)
• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
• American Society for Peripheral Nerve (ASPN)
• American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM)
• American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS)
• Plastic Surgery Research Council (PSRC)
The PSEN is a free password-protected resource for members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, partner societies, and residents of participating residency programs. If you are not a member of a participating society, you may purchase an annual PSEN subscription to access surgical videos, lecture presentations, case reports, literature reviews, practice management resources and PSEN's community. You can purchase individual CME/MOC courses and Self-Assessment courses without a subscription.
For help with your username and password or other account information or to purchase a subscription, please call ASPS Member Services M-F between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time at 1-800-766-4995.
AppBuilder Home Page
- AppBuilder Home Page
- Free physician resources on a variety of topics, including health policy, advocacy and practice management.
- Product resources for ASPS Member Surgeons, including product previews and free resources.
Patient Safety Resources
- The ASPS Patient Safety Committee has compiled these patient safety resources to assist physicians in clinical decision making.
Ambulatory and Office Based Surgery Center
- Resources for ambulatory and office based surgery centers
Operating Room Safety
- Resources to promote patient safety in the operating room
- Preoperative assessment resources to ensure proper patient selection
Patient Selection Resources
- Helpful resources when assessing your patients for plastic surgery procedures
Informed Consent Resources
- Informed consent and patient release resources
Starting a Medical Practice
- All you need to organize an effective practice start-up with helpful information geared towards office and personnel management.
Practice Management Track
Key Issues in Plastic Surgery
- A range of papers on health policy and advocacy issues in plastic surgery, including cosmetic procedure taxes, dental scope of practice, emergency care, and professional liability.
Practice Management Track