Overview of Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery: The Differences
Origins of Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery and Quality of Life
Is Your Patient Asking the Right Questions?
Does Your Patient Have Realistic Goals?
What Should Your Patient Look For in a Plastic Surgeon?
Facial Surgery and Skin Care Surgical Procedures
Forehead-Lift (Brow Lift)
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
Glycolic Acid Treatments
Laser Resurfacing (Laser Peel)
Body Contouring Surgical Procedures
Breast Augmentation (Augmentation Mammaplasty)
Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Panniculectomy (In Obese Patients)
Endoscopic Plastic Surgery
Information for You and Your Patient
Finding the Right Physician
Patient Selection Resources
- Helpful resources when assessing your patients for plastic surgery procedures
Patient Safety Resources
- The ASPS Patient Safety Committee has compiled these patient safety resources to assist physicians in clinical decision making.
- Preoperative assessment resources to ensure proper patient selection
Informed Consent Resources
- Informed consent and patient release resources
Ambulatory and Office Based Surgery Center
- Resources for ambulatory and office based surgery centers
Operating Room Safety
- Resources to promote patient safety in the operating room
3D Patient Education Animations
- Preview 3D patient-education animations, available from UnderstandPlasticSurgery.com.
Plastic Surgery The Meeting
- Friday, October 10, 2014 - Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Documents include practice parameters and insurance coverage criteria on breast implants, breast reconstruction, breast reduction and gynecomastia.
Key Issues in Plastic Surgery
- A range of papers on health policy and advocacy issues in plastic surgery, including cosmetic procedure taxes, dental scope of practice, emergency care, and professional liability.
- Documents include ASPS accreditation bylaws, AMA patient safety principles and a state regulations chart and map.
Healthcare Truth in Advertising
- Resources include a chart detailing physician truth in advertising laws by state.
Cosmetic Procedure Taxes
- Documents include position statement and talking points
Key Issues in Injectables
- Documents include policy statement and legal analysis