The Preeminent Medical Professional
Associate Membership is an honor bestowed upon individuals who have achieved outstanding recognition in their field and who have made significant contributions to plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Must be actively engaged in the practice of plastic and reconstructive surgery or other medical specialty, profession, scientific, or para-medical field that is directly related to plastic surgery.
- Submit a letter of sponsorship from one ASPS Active or Life Member who is familiar with your contributions, particularly those of significance to plastic and reconstructive surgery, and also your professional competence, ethics and moral standing. The letter must include a brief summary of your qualifications and activities.
- Upon receipt of the sponsorship letter you will be sent a membership application.
- Complete the membership application, attach a recent portrait-photograph, include the $125 application fee (U.S. Dollars) and a current curriculum vitae. Under “Special Awards and Recognition” (any field) on the application form include: Honors received, position of distinction achieved and contribution(s) that have significantly furthered the art and science of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Send all materials to the ASPS Executive Office:
444 East Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4664
Member Services Center
1-800-766-4955 or 847-228-9900
What Happens Next?
- Your application will be reviewed by the Membership Committee. If approved, your name will be placed on a final ballot to be voted on by the ASPS Board of Directors. Election to Associate Membership shall be by a majority vote of the Board at a meeting at which a quorum is present.
- All fees, dues or assessments must be paid before being elevated to Associate Membership status.
- Subscription to Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery® journal
- Subscription to Plastic Surgery News®
- Member prices on ASPS®/PSF® programs, products and services
- Listed in the online ASPS/PSF Member Roster
- Access to the Members Only section of the ASPS Website