Objectives of This Educational Activity
- To provide national data for members to use in evaluating their clinical practice
- To provide an evidence-based tool for members to use in comparing their patient outcomes
- To facilitate identification of clinical strengths and areas needing improvement performed
Patient Safety CME Credit
TOPS participants who submit their case information into the TOPS program can claim AMA PRA Category 2 Credit™ for participating in TOPS. For every 15 minutes you spend entering data and reviewing your outcomes benchmark reports, you can claim .25 credits (15 minutes = .25 credits; 30 minutes = .50 credits; 45 minutes = .75 credits; 1 hour = 1.0 credit). Physicians can also earn 1 Patient Safety credit per month, for a maximum of 7 Patient Safety credits during one calendar year.
The following criteria must be met in order to earn Patient Safety CME:
To be eligible to earn Patient Safety CME:
- A minimum of 8 completed cases must be entered during a one month time period.
Converting Eligible Patient Safety CME into Earned Patient Safety CME
Patient Safety CME credits are earned after the TOPS participant completes the following steps:
- Selects and runs either an Outcome or Complications report.
- Reviews the selected report and checks the box on the report form that indicates he/she has reviewed the report.
Both steps are required in order to convert eligible Patient Safety CME credits into earned Patient Safety CME credits.
- On a monthly basis, a report indicating the amount of Patient Safety CME earned will be sent from TOPS to the individual participant's ASPS CME record.
Patient Safety CME
- A maximum of 21 CME credits may be applied toward patient safety CME requirements during a TOPS participant's three year CME cycle. Members can fulfill their ASPS Patient Safety education requirements by participating in TOPS every year during the three-year CME cycle.
- To have credit summarized on your current year CME transcript (available to ASPS members only), credit reply materials must be postmarked or submitted by midnight, January 31 of the following year. Credit materials received after the deadline will be reflected on the following year's transcript.
- Subscribers who submit their data electronically will receive verification of credits earned via email. Members of ASPS have 24 hour access to their CME Report by logging onto their member account at www.plasticsurgery.org.
For technical questions, please click the appropriate link within the activity on the TOPS website.
For non-technical questions about this CME activity, please contact Member Services at (847) 228-9900 or email@example.com.