Plastic surgery is a constantly evolving art, as well as science. Patients deserve to benefit from advances in techniques and technology as well as the best of what has come before. In my practice, I have evaluated and refined both new and older techniques to offer my patients a customized and effective solution to their facial aging and body contouring concerns. My philosophy has always been to give the same level of care to my patients that I would expect for my own family. This starts with concern for you as a person and awareness of the sensitive and personal nature of cosmetic surgical interventions for healthy people. I want you to understand the nature of your treatments, and give you choices after explaining things in words you can understand. I spend as much time as necessary to give you the very best results, in the operating room and in the office. This means one or more unhurried consultations and time for you to have all your questions answered. I really enjoy explaining things and having my patients participate fully in the educational process. I want to be seen as your doctor, as well as your plastic/cosmetic surgeon. This approach has worked well over the twenty plus years of my plastic surgery practice, to build trust and long-term relationships with my patients, and generate the word-of-mouth referrals that make up the majority of my patients.
All patients are seen personally by Dr. Lowen for their cosmetic and reconstructive surgery consultations. Our friendly staff will help you with all administrative and scheduling matters. Cosmetic consultations are free.
- Plastic Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
- Fellowship, Hand and Microsurgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- General Surgery Residency, Stanford Medical Center
- Internship, California-Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco
- University of Michigan Medical School, MD
- University of Michigan, B.S.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery
- California Medical Society
- Santa Clara County Medical Association
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View
- Menlo Park Surgical Hospital, Menlo Park
- Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City