Dr. Blau specializes in Gynecomastia / Male Breast Reduction surgery in his New York practice. Dr. Blau pioneered surgical techniques to perform gynecomastia surgery with excellent results. His technique has less than a one percent recurrence rate as profiled in a case study of over 1600 of his patients in the February 2015 PRS Journal, the official Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Blau also lectures and instructs other plastic surgeons about gynecomastia, most recently sponsored by Harvard University at the 2015 American Society of Plastic Surgeons annual conference.
Dr. Blau is the author of the only gynecomastia book authored by a surgeon: Masculinity
Defined: Gynecomastia and the Search for the Perfect Pecs. This book was
written for the millions of men who need reliable information about a
subject that is rarely discussed: male breasts (gynecomastia) and male
body image in a changing era. The book is available on Amazon.com.
For more information and before and after photos, please visit Dr. Blau's websites:
- University of Bologna (Italy)
- Tel-Aviv University Medical School (Israel)
- Supervising Surgeon, Medical Troop and Field Hospital (Israel, 1973 War)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Resident in General Surgery
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Resident and Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery
- Instructor of Human Anatomy, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1978-1980)
- Annual Continuing Medical Education in Top Universities of the United States
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1988
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- New York Medical Society
- Westchester Medical Society
- White Plains Hospital, White Plains, NY