Dr. McDonough's philosophy enables him to utilize his specialized skills and more than 28 years experience to provide professional, comprehensive care to all patients seeking plastic and reconstructive surgery. Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery affirms the skills and knowledge obtained through general surgical and extensive plastic surgical training.The Plastic Surgery Center offers a fully equipped and accredited outpatient surgical suite to provide the ultimate in privacy and personal attention.
Patients making an initial contact with the Plastic Surgery Center are urged to tell the staff about the treatment they are contemplating. This will allow the receptionist to schedule suficient time for a careful, unhurried initial consultation with the surgeon. All consultation are by appointment only. An initial consultation includes an examination and frank discussion about possible plastic surgical solutions to the patient's perception and feelings about anticipated surgery. The patient will be told about potential risks and benefits involved. A second consultation may be beneficial and may clarify further or new questions. A complete medical history will be taken. Routinely, clinical photographs showing the condition before and after surgery will be taken. Details regarding convalescence and time off from work are also discussed. The fee for consultation is variable and depends on the time spent by the surgeon in the consultation and the complexity of the problem.
The Plastic Surgery Center offers a state-of-the-art, fully equipped operating suite accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. Surgery is provided on an outpatient basis with an anesthesiologist and certified nurse anesthetist. Surgery is also available at the local hospital operating rooms on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- MacMurray College, Illinois, 1960 - 1964
- Northwestern University, Illinois, 1963 - 1967
- Interniship - Hartford Hospital, CT, 1967 - 1968
- General Surgery Residency - Hartford Hospital, CT, 1968 - 1972
- Plastic Surgery Residency - St. Joseph's Hospital, TX, 1972 - 1974
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1975
- American Board of Surgery 1974
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Plastic, Maxillofacial and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Buncombe County Medical Society
- Mission Hospitals, Asheville, NC