I encourage all viewers to explore my personal web site www.ClevelandPlasticSurgery.com . You may also browse the patient photos in the "other links" section posted at the bottom of this web page. Additionally please look at the photo gallery section on the right (which is a new section and will be added to over the next several months).
If you have any questions or wish me to evaluate photos of you please do not hesitate to e-mail my office manager at Valerie@ClevelandPlasticSurgery.com
It is difficult to encapsulate years of training and experience in a few words. What I most prefer to emphasize in my practice is honesty. I will not promise impossible results nor will I discount the risks of any procedure no matter how small. That being said I will strive to achieve the best outcome humanly possible.
In my current role as an assistant professor of plastic surgery at Case Western Reserve I have had extensive experience in all aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Each consultation will be comprehensive and detail the surgery to be performed, including risks and benefits and any alternative treatments.
My goal is to answer the needs of any surgical candidate with patience, skill and artistry and perform to the utmost of my capabilities.
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery: breast augmentation, lift and reduction, implant and autogenous tissue reconstruction of the breast as well as microsurgical reconstruction of the breast. Dr. Medalie is also a specialist in treating male gynecomastia.
Aesthetic Body Contouring: liposuction, mini-abdominoplasty and high tension abdominoplasty, labiaplasty and labia majora and labia minora reduction, vaginoplasty
Surgery for the post weight loss and gastric bypass patient: panniculectomy, circumferential body lift, brachiaplasty, thighplasty, mastopexy (breast lift)
Facial cosmetic surgery: endoscopic brow lift, blepharoplasty, laser resurfacing, face lift, neck lift, lipoaugmentation of the face, Radiance, Restylane and Botox injection for wrinkles
Facial reconstructive surgery including head and neck miscrosurgery
Transgender surgery: Specializing in facial feminization, breast and body contouring including limited scar FtM "top" surgery and microsurgical reconstruction
Hand surgery: lipoaugmentation
Consultations are typically performed Tuesday and Wednesday
At that time, Dr. Medalie will carefully review any and all surgical procedures that you might be interested in as well as go over pictures of former patients to better inform you of potential results of the surgery.
If you are out of state or have a quick question, Dr. Medalie would be more than happy to answer e-mail questions and even evaluate e-mailed photographs. He has found this particularly useful for his gynecomastia and gender patients. Please contact his office manager at Valerie@ClevelandPlasticSurgery.com
Please call 216/ 393-9924 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Medalie
-University Suburban Health (Wright) Surgery Center (East -Surgery)
-Zeeba Surgery Center (East-Surgery)
- * Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, Metrohealth Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University , 2006-2016
- * Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital and Case Western Reserve University and Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Cleveland VA Medical Center, 2002-
- * Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Director of the Burn/Wound Center- University of Kentucky Medical Center, 1999-02
- * University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Plastic Surgery Fellowship:1996-1999
- * Massachusetts General Hospital and Shriners Burns Institute, Boston, Surgical Research Fellowship:1994-1996
- * University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, General Surgery: 1991-94
- * Cornell University Medical College, NY, NY, MD Degree: 1986-90
- * Hopital Bicetre, Paris, France, Endocrinology Research Fellowship-1988-89
- * Parsons School of Design and the Art Student's League, NY, NY, 1985-6
- * Harvard University- BA:Magna Cum Laude in Biological Anthropology, Cambridge, Ma., 1981-85
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 2000
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgery
- Ohio Medical Society
- Plastic Surgery Education Foundation
- Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs (Commonwealth of Kentucky)
- Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgery (vice president 2002)
- University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Wright Surgery Center
- Zeeba Surgery Center