Our plastic surgery practice is limited to aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery and to patients with congenital birth defects of the face, i.e., cleft lip and palate and craniofacial conditions. Within these two fields, we believe we deliver state of the art care with prime consideration to safety. Every operation is individualized to the patients' needs, their individual problems and desires, and to their life styles and personal wishes. We greatly value plastic surgery that looks "natural" above all else.
Aesthetic consultations with Dr. Moses last 45 minutes to an hour and a half. He will personally review your medical history, review the pertinent aspects of the concerns that brought you to the office, examine you and then have a long interactive discussion with you about your choices. The consultation is designed to allow you to pick and choose amongst options, all of which are good, to ultimately arrive at an individualized plan that's best for you. Dr. Moses will educate you as to what each of the options entails in as much detail as you need to make the best decision for yourself.
Dr. Moses never allows patients to have aesthetic surgery after just one visit. He will go through as much detail as you desire on the first visit; but you must return for at least one additional visit, as soon as you wish after the initial consultation, before proceeding with surgery. These additional visits are all covered under the cost of the initial consultation. Sometimes more than one additional visit is necessary. By the time you're ready for surgery, we want you to be completely comfortable that you understand exactly what your surgical plan entails, what you need to do to prepare for surgery, what to expect at the time of your surgery and afterwards, postoperative care, recovery, expectation, etc.
Aesthetic surgery is done in one of four outpatient facilities: #1, the Hedgewood Surgical Facility, located in the same building as our office, on the corner of Second Street and St. Charles Avenue; #2, Touro Infirmary's Ambulatory Surgery Center, located at 3525 Prytania Street; #3 Ochsner-Baptist Hospital,located at 2626 Napoleon Avenue in New Orleans. All of the pediatric plastic surgery is done at Children's Hospital in New Orleans.
- B.A.- Yale College, 1973
- M.D. - Tulane University Medical School, 1977
- Fellow in Craniofacial Surgery - Children's Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1984
- Resident and Chief Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Massachusetts General Hospital, 1982 - 1984
- Chief Resident and Associate in Surgery - Yale - New Haven Hospital, 1981 - 1982
- Assistant Resident in General Surgery - Yale - New Haven Hospital, 1977 - 1981
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1984
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgery
- American Cleft Palate - Craniofacial Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Louisiana Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Touro Infirmary, New Orleans, LA
- Ochsner Baptist Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Children's Hospital, New Orleans, LA