We provide individiualized, state-of-the-art plastic surgery treatment for our patients. Our goal is to make each person's operative experience as easy and comfortable as possible. Personal attention and expert professional treatment allow us to focus on each patient's individual problems.
Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
During your initial consultation you will be seen by Dr. Sunde personally. He will spend time with you, reviewing your medical history, performing a physical examination of the areas of interest, discussing your specific needs. He will discuss at length the best possible treatment options available to you.
Dr. Sunde operates at fully accredited surgical facilities. These include Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, Monterey Peninsula Surgical Center, Natividad Medical Center.
- Douglas Sunde, MD, FACS is a board certified plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He grew up in a suburb of Chicago and was an Eagle Scout, National Merit Scholar and valedictorian of his high school graduation class. He subsequently attended Stanford University, where he graduated with distinction. Dr. Sunde attended medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and graduated as a member of the honor society AOA. He did his general and plastic surgery residency at Stanford University and performed additional fellowship level training in cosmetic surgery, hand, and microsurgery. Dr. Sunde began his private practice in Monterey, California, in 1994. He is an assistant clinical professor at Stanford University. Dr. Sunde has published in peer review journals and has made presentations both locally and nationally. He is a member of the California Medical Society, California Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1996
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- California Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Monterey Peninsula Surgery Center
- Natividad Medical Center
- Palo Alto Veteran's Administration Medical Center
- He serves as a consultant at Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital and at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center.