Merging art and science with uncompromising integrity is essential to provide high quality and excellence of care to all my patients. To children and adults, locally and globally, I am dedicated to provide personal and specialized care. Training in General Surgery in Chicago, Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, and Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery in Dallas provide the surgical proficiency to achieve these goals. Board certification by the American Board of Surgery and Plastic Surgery and a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Hand Surgery rounds out the qualifications. I have been listed in Best Doctors in America since 1996 and voted best plastic surgeon in Lexington by the readers of Ace Weekly magazine.
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm Consultations provided Wednesday 8:30 am - 10:30am and Fridays 8:30am - 12:00pm See location 2 for patient care address
Aesthetic/Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
Pediatric Plastic Surgery
Pediatric Plastic Surgery
Dr. Vasconez draws on over 15 years of experience as a plastic surgeon to provide you with a thorough and private consultation. He provides a comfortable and unrushed environment and has an uncanny ability to help you articulate your concerns and goals. You will be provided with a great deal of information including educational brochures and videos and given a wide range of choices. He uses a state-of-the-art video imaging system that can give a simulation of the procedures and results expected. Reference to other similar patients can be provided with their prior permission. the decision to schedule surgery is made only after full information is provided. Dr. Vasconez has special interests in cosmetic surgery of the face and neck, including endoscopic brow lift; body contouring breast reconstruction; and craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery.
Dr. Vasconez has privileges at several surgical facilities. His primary areas of operation are the main operating rooms at the University of Kentucky Hospital and the newly opened state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Surgery. this new ambulatory surgical facility provides the latest in technology and instrumentation. It is fully accredited and is also serviced by Board certified anesthesiologists. It provides highly-qualified and competent staff in a convenient, private setting with valet parking. Minor procedures are performed in a convenient office setting.
- General Surgery Residency - University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 1984
- Plastic Surgery Residency - Emory University, Atlanta, GA 1986
- Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship - International Craniofacial Institute, Dallas, TX 1987
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1989
- American Board of Surgery 1985
- Recertification by the American Board of Surgery 1995
- Qualification in Hand Surgery 1995
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Plastic Surgery Section
- University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY
- UK HealthCare - Good Samaritan Hospital
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lexington, KY
- Shriners Hospital, Lexington, KY