Our mission at Grotting Plastic Surgery is to provide experienced quality care to men and women interested in plastic surgery. Our office is uniquely designed to provide comfort, privacy, and confidentiality for each patient. Our staff has years of experience with all aspects of plastic surgery and will be available to answer any questions or concerns that might arise before or after surgery.
We consider each new patient a member of our growing family. Plastic surgery represents an important event in the life and health of each patient. We want you to stay fit, healthy, and get as much satisfaction and enjoyment out of life as possible. We consider good plastic surgery to be an important aspect of helping people look as good as they feel.
Plastic Surgery is constantly evolving. We want to be your resource for plastic surgery throughout your life. As new developments and technology arrive, we want to provide the best information and services for you. We will seek to earn your confidence and trust.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of the face, breast and body.
Breast Reconstruction, including microsurgical techniques.
Body Contouring after massive weight loss (gastric bypass).
Secondary Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (He wrote the book!).
We offer a full range of MediSpa Services, including skin care evaluation and products, permanent hair removal, facials, photofacials, and chemical peels. Our master aesthetician, Jamie Bessette is available for full skin evaluation and broad band light treatments for pigment lightening and skin tightening.
We are available daily and would love to hear from you. If you have any questions about our services or would like to make an appointment, do not hesitate to call our friendly, knowledgeable staff. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Grotting Plastic Surgery has a state-of-the-art fully accredited surgical facility where virtually all cosmetic procedures can be performed. When an overnight stay is recommended, the Hyatt Place Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to our facility. Anesthesia and sedation is provided by experienced certified registered nurse anesthetists.
Hospital procedures are performed at the University of Alabama Highlands Hospital or St. Vincent's Hospital.
- St. Olaf College - Northfield, MN
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- General Surgery - University of Washington, Seattle
- Plastic Surgery - University of California, San Francisco
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1986
- American Board of Surgery 1985
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1987
- Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand 1987
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Henry N. Harkins Surgical Society
- Alabama Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- The Harry J. Buncke Society
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Birmingham Chapter
- Alabama Chapter, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- University of Alabama Highlands Hospital, Birmingham, AL
- St. Vincent's Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama