While Dr. Bucky’s education, residencies, fellowships, and certifications attest to his knowledge and training, his reputation is based upon his outstanding surgical skill and patient care. He performs over 1,000 cosmetic facial, breast, and body surgery procedures each year. Dr. Bucky is frequently an invited lecturer at national and international symposia on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He has extensively researched facial aging and has developed techniques that enhance natural appearances after cosmetic surgery. He has received top honors for his research efforts in fat transplantation, melanoma, and breast reconstruction. Recently, the National Cosmetic Network filmed Dr. Bucky performing a live surgical procedure in an effort to educate other physicians about his techniques. He is on the advisory board of the Plastic Surgery Channel. Dr. Bucky has co-authored over 100 publications and abstracts in premier scientific journals, including Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Annals of Plastic Surgery. His clinical research work has been featured on Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News, CBS news, plasticSurgery News, Family Circle, Redbook, and MAMM Magazine. Dr. Bucky is regularly recognized for his clinical expertise. For eleven consecutive years, he has been named Plastic Surgery’s “Top Doc” in Philadelphia Magazine and the prestigious Castle Connolly publication, a resource for “America’s Top Doctors” for cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm
Your consultation consists of a formal medical evaluation focusing on the needs of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery patients. This includes a consultation with one of our nurses, Dr. Bucky and our patient coordinator. Frequently, computer imaging is utilized as an important aid in visualizing the final result.
After a thorough consultation, formal written information regarding the pertinent procedures is provided.
Comprehensive skin care including microdermabrasion, peels, Botox® and hair removal are offered.
Soft tissue augmentation with collagen, fat transfer are frequently utilized.
Lastly soft tissue massage, vitamin treatments are frequently utilized post-operatively.
Surgery is performed in the certified operating rooms at Pennsylvania Hospital and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. The operating room staff are certified nurses specially trained in plastic surgery technology and operating room safety. Our O.R. staff understands the special needs of plastic surgery patients.
- M.D. - Harvard Medical School, 1982 - 1986
- General Surgery Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital, 1986 - 1992
- Plastic Surgery Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital, 1992 - 1994
- Fellowship, Head, Neck, and Breast Reconstruction, Memorial Sloan - Kettering Cancer Institute
- Fellowship, Craniofacial Surgery, University of Miami
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1993
- Certified by the AMerican Board of Plastic Surgery, 1997
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1997
- American Board of Surgery 1993
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American College of Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA