"Where nature finishes producing it's shapes, there a man begins with natural things and with the help of nature itself, to create infinite varieties of shapes."
Helping people transform their dream look into a beautiful reality is my professional passion. Perhaps it requires my assistance to smooth and tone aging skin. Reshape a nose, chin, or neckline. Enhance the bust. Or slim the torso.
I encourage you to discuss your expectations and concerns with me. I want you to feel confident in my surgical skill and assured by my appreciation of the human body as an ART FORM.
I hope that as you read the descriptions of the procedures available, you will be amazed on at least three levels: the remarkable results now possible, that most of them can be performed on an outpatient basis, and how safe they have become.
I look forward to helping you achieve the body image you fell would be most in tune with the essence within.
Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Your entire experience in Dr Byun's office reflects his commitment to mastery. From the beautiful décor to the state-of-the-art surgical equipment which proves that convenience and peace of mind have a beauty all their own. The best of everything, that's what Dr. Byun's office is all about.
When you meet Dr. Byun, you will realize that a surgeon's personal attention can make you feel as special as his expert hands can make you look. No two people have the same definition of beautiful. That's why Dr. Byun takes the time to get to know you, to make sure he understands your most subtle preferences. But his special care goes beyond his manner. You'll also find appointments that are private and unhurried. You'll be able to express your feelings and concerns, get answers to your questions, and have everything explained step by step.
Providing safety for all of Dr. Byun’s patients is his top priority. All his patients receive wonderful assistance from the most prestigious hospitals and Same Day surgery centers. These hospitals and facilities contain highly qualified anesthesiologists, nurses, and patient care assistants. The Same Day Surgery Center Dr. Byun utilizes is 1 E. Erie conveniently located in front of Northwestern Hospital. For those patients who require a hospital facility, Dr. Byun operates in Lutheran General Hospital and Swedish Covenant Hospital.
- B.S. - University of California, 1988
- M.D. - Northwestern University School of Medicine, 1992
- Research Advisor - NIH, 1989
- Research Fellow - UCI, 1987
- General Surgery Residency - Northwestern, 1992
- Plastic Surgery Rersidency - Northwestern, 1995
- Northwestern Univ. Medical School, Instructor of Surgery, 1997-1998
- Chief Plastic Surgery Resident, Northwestern Univ. Medical School, 1997
- Chief Plastic Surgery Resident, Shriner's Sick Children's Hospital, 1997
- Director, Chicago Cosmetic Surgery, 1998 - Present
- Attending Plastic Surgeon, Swedish Covenant Hospital, 1998 - Present
- Attending Plastic Surgeon - Lutheran General Hospital, 1998 - Present
- Attending Plastic Surgeon at Rush Presbyterian, 1999 - 2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Rush Medical School, 1999 - 2001
- Director, Pediatric Plastic Surgery - Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 2002 - Present
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 2002
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2003
- American Society of Plastic Surgery, member, 1998
- American Society of Lipoplasty, Candidate, 1995
- American Medical Association, 2001
- Chicago Medical Society, 2001
- Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
- Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Rush - Presbyterian, Chicago, IL
- Alexian Brothers, St. Alexius Medical Center, Elk Grove Village, IL
- Sameday Surgery, Chicago, IL