Growing up on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, in Southern California, Dr. Swanson became accustomed to surrounding herself with sunshine and beauty. She left California, however, upon completion of medical school at Stanford University to pursue her passion for surgery. In 1984, she became the first woman to complete a general surgery residency at the University of Virginia. Going on to be one of the first women to complete plastic surgery residency at New York University, Dr. Swanson returned to California in 1990, as a highly trained specialist in the field of plastic surgery.
Since her return, Dr. Swanson has built a successful private practice, providing each patient with meticulous care from beginning to end. She respects her patients, and along with being an expert surgeon, she ia a woman, who understands a patient's needs. At your consultation, Dr. Swanson will do the most important thing a doctor can do to ensure success. She will listen to you! She will evaluate the changes you would like to make, and the result you hope to achieve. Then, she will discuss, in detail, all of the options available, explaining which means will most help you reach your desired ends. Rest assured, you will leave her office with realistic ideas of the results to expect.
Browsing this webpage and visiting Dr. Swanson's website, plasticsurgeryforme.com is a good starting point to learn about Dr. Swanson's practice, and to gather information about the procedures you are considering. Be sure to view the extensive before and after photos available on each procedure at plasticsurgeryforme.com
Torrance: Tues., Thurs., Friday Los Alamitos: Mon. and Wed. 9a.m. to 5 p.m.
Blepharoplasty (upper and lower eyelid surgery)
Rhytidectomy (facelift and necklift)
Otoplasty (ear surgery)
Injectables and Fillers (Botox ,Radiesse, Juvederm)
Mastopexy (breast lift)
Breast Reduction (correction of gynecomastia in men)
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
Laser Assisted Liposuction
Brachioplasty (arm lift)
Los Alamitos Surgery Center
10921 Cherry Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Plastic Surgery Center of South Bay
3440 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505
- College: B.S. Biology Stanford University 1974
- Medical School: MD Stanford University School of Medicine 1978
- Residency: General Surgery University of Virginia 1984
- Residency: Plastic Surgery, New York University 1986
- Fellowship: Craniofacial Surgery, University of Virginia 1981
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1989
- American Board of Surgery 1985
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Torrance, CA
- Los Alamitos Medical Center, Los Alamitos, CA