Dr. Robert Rothfield is a Ft. Lauderdale, Florida cosmetic plastic surgeon who offers an array of procedures designed to rejuvenate the face, recontour the body, and make you look and feel better and more confident. He has extensive training and credentials and holds membership in some of the most prestigious medical organizations in America. Dr. Rothfield makes competence, commitment, and safety the hallmarks of Weston Plastic Surgery. With his experience and skills, Robert E. Rothfield, MD, FACS is able to successfully meld the worlds of art and science to produce beautiful, natural-looking results in a range of aesthetic enhancement procedures. Every patient is unique, and Dr. Rothfield custom-tailors each procedure to the individuals needs and goals. Dr. Rothfield offers effective surgical and non-surgical procedures including Ft. Lauderdale breast augmentation, reduction, and reconstruction; liposuction, tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), and body lift; facelift, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery; and injectable skin rejuvenation treatment such as BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Dr. Robert Rothfield has been in private practice since 1993, and prides himself on giving comprehensive, compassionate care that meets your goals.
Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Dr. Robert Rothfield is committed to the belief that a plastic surgeon should be involved in every aspect of your care, from your initial consultation right up to your post-operative recovery. Dr. Rothfield personally takes care of routine treatments such as dressings, suture removal, and injections, instead of assigning these duties to others. You and Dr. Rothfield will have comprehensive discussions before your procedure so that he has a full and clear picture of your physical condition, goals, and expectations for results. These consultations are also wonderful opportunities for you to ask questions and address any concerns you may have, giving you a full understanding of the procedure and what it will entail. Dr. Rothfield will give you detailed pre-operative and post-operative instructions, and will personally examine you in follow-up appointments after surgery. This is evidence of his dedication to ensuring you receive the most thorough, caring, and individualized care possible, directly from an experienced and compassionate cosmetic plastic surgeon.
Dr. Robert Rothfield makes safety his No. 1 priority, and therefore only performs operational surgery procedures in hospital-run facilities that are fully accredited. Surgery is typically performed at the Surgery Center of Weston in the Weston Regional HealthPark (operated by the North Broward Hospital District). Procedures can also be performed at the Memorial West Same Day Surgery Center - run by the Memorial West Hospital - or at the Memorial West Hospital. All of these facilities employ board-certified anesthesiologists and a professional staff dedicated to delivering the best medical care possible.
- Haverford College, Haverford, PA, 1977-1981
- University of Miami - School of Medicine 1982-1986
- General Surgery Internship, Western Pennsylvainia Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 1986-1987
- Otolaryngology Residency, University of Pittsburgh Eye & Ear Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, 1987-1991
- Plastic Surgery Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1991-1993
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1993-1994
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1997
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Recertified 2005
- American Board of Otolaryngology 1994
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Broward County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Broward County Medical Association
- Miami Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Florida Medical Association
- Southeast Society of Plastic and Recnstructive Surgeons
- Memorial West Hospital - Pembroke Pines (Chief of Plastic Surgery)
- Memorial Miramar - Miramar