An elective surgical experience should be safe and fulfilling. Every patient is special with unique treatment goals; therefore, in the consultation process I seek to understand the patient's expectations and desires. We also review the surgical and healing processes in detail. My staff and I seek to be attentive to patient's needs and concerns. We hope to have the opportunity of meeting with you in the near future. We provide the following background information in order that you may compare experience, service, and commitment when making decisions about your surgery.
Dr. A. Michael Sadove, a Chicago native, graduated from Washington University, St. Louis, with an A.B. degree in 1970, and went on to receive his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1974 from Loyola University, Chicago. During his General Surgery Training, Dr. Sadove completed a year-long research project and was award a Master of Science degree in Surgery by the University Of Illinois in 1977. Upon the completion of his General Surgery Training at the Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, Dr. Sadove began an additional two-year study of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Virginia. He received Fellowship status in Craniofacial Surgery and Microsurgery, and also trained with leading cosmetic surgeons at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital and New York University. In 1982, Dr. Sadove joined the faculty of the Plastic Surgery Section at the Indiana University School of Medicine. That same year, he received his board certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Currently, Dr. Sadove is Chairman of Surgery at the Clarian North Hospital and the James Harbaugh Endowed Professor of Surgery at Indiana University School of Medicine.
He is the author of over 100 articles and numerous book chapters. Dr. Sadove has lectured all over the world on various aspects of plastic surgery. Dr. Sadove is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a past President of the Indiana Chapter. He is a specialty fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and has served as the National Chairman of the Pediatric Plastic Surgery section. Dr. Sadove is a member and currently President of the American Cleft Palate Association as well as Past-President of the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons and President of the American Society for Craniofacial Surgery. A Trustee of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Sadove has served as section program chairman for its National Meeting as well as on many of its committees. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation. Dr. Sadove is a senior examiner and one of eighteen directors (2003-2009) of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. A member of the American and Indiana State Medical Associations, Past-President of the Seventh District Medical Society, Alternate Trustee, and Delegate to the State Convention. Dr. Sadove is a Recipient of the AMA’s Physician Recognition Award, Sertoma Clubs “Service to Mankind” Award, Clarian Hospitals Award for excellence in clinical care, as well as being named repeatedly by his peers to “Best Doc’s” in Indianapolis Monthly Magazine and Best Doctors in America.
Cosmetic Torso Surgery: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction
Breast: Enlargement, Lift, Reduction, Reconstruction
Botox and Wrinkle Fillers
Pediatric Plastic Surgery
The goal of our practice is to provide excellent personal service and optimal quality medical care in all areas of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. We take extra efforts to ensure the privacy of all of our patients, to answer all of their questions thoroughly, and to allow them to make the very best informed decision possible with regards to surgery. Each member of our staff has been extensively trained and we treat each patient as an individual from initial inquiry, to consultation, to surgery, and for many years afterwards. We want every one of our patients to know that we pledge to treat and care for them as we would a member of our own family.
Most consultations may be arranged by calling (317) 663-7220, (317) 575-0330, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
My primary surgical facilities include the Meridian Plastic Surgery Center, IU Health North Medical Center, and St. Vincent Children’s Hospital. More information about these facilities, including maps, may be found on the “links” section.
- A.B. - Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1970
- M.D. - Loyola University, Chicago, IL, 1974
- M.S. - University of Illinois, 1977
- General Surgery, Presbyterian St. Luke's Hospital, Chicago, IL, 1979
- Plastic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1981
- Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship, New York University, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, NY, NY, 1982
- Microsurgery Fellowship, New York University, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, NY, NY, 1982
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1982
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Academy of Pediatrics (Plastic Surgery Section)
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Indiana State Medical Society
- American Society for Craniofacial Surgery
- International Society for Craniofacial Surgery
- Indianapolis Medical Society
- IU Health North Medical Center
- IU Health Riley Hospital for Children
- St. Vincent Children's Hospital