Dr. Scott R. Miller is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. His vibrant, upscale La Jolla plastic surgery practice offers the absolute finest in cosmetic enhancement treatment options in a warm, caring environment. A skilled and experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Miller specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face, breast and body. He and his staff are committed to helping each patient achieve their individual aesthetic goals through meticulous technique and personalized care.
Monday through Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Dr. Miller has focused his career on reconstructive and plastic surgery of the face, breast, and body. He is experienced in a variety of procedures, including facelift, breast augmentation, eyelid lift, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck and liposuction. Women who want to regain their pre-baby bodies can even undergo the mommy makeover procedure, which combines two or more treatment options for a comprehensive enhancement addressing a number of body areas.
For those who require less invasive procedures to reach their aesthetic goals, Dr. Miller offers non-surgical treatments, such as CoolSculpting®, a variety of skin care products, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and facial fillers. He works closely with each patient to determine the best options for their needs, helping them to understand how each procedure can potentially help them.
Due to the availability of information on the web, those considering plastic surgery can start gathering information well before contacting a plastic surgeon. However, once a prospective patient is ready to make that first call, there are many questions that have still not been answered. We believe your experience with our office begins with your first phone call. Our caring staff has been with Dr. Miller for many years and are well-educated in the field of plastic surgery. We encourage patients with questions regarding procedures to contact us to schedule a consultation.
The best way to tell what procedures you can benefit from is to have a personal consultation. A consultation at our office includes a one-on-one visit with Dr. Miller, at which time your specific needs and goals will be fully discussed. Dr. Miller understands that each patient is unique, and each has his or her own ideas, questions, and concerns. He thoroughly explains all procedures that may benefit you and reviews the pros and cons of each procedure so you are able to make a well-informed decision. Once you and Dr. Miller have decided on a surgical plan, Dr. Miller's patient consultant will go over fees and policies and answer any scheduling questions you may have.
Dr. Scott Miller's state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center is certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). The facility is equipped with the latest instruments and technology and is used only for plastic and reconstructive surgical procedures. Dr. Miller's operating room staff is warm, friendly and highly competent. You will receive only the finest care at this facility.
- B.S. in Biological Science - University of California Irvine, 1983 - 1987
- Cambrisge University, Political Science 1985
- M.D. - university of California Irvine College of Medicine, 1987 - 1991
- General Surgery Residency - University of California Irvine, 1991 - 1995
- Plastic Surgery Residency - University of California San Diego, 1995 - 1997
- Post Graduate Fellowship, Aesthetic, Cosmetic, Plastic Surgery - Bruce F. Connell Plastic Surgery Clinic, 1997
- Private Practice, 1997 - Present
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 2000
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Peer Consultant (2002 - 2003)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Guidelines Subcommittee (2001 - 2002)
- American College of Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
- San Diego International Plastic Surgery Society
- The National Registry og Who's Who
- The Foxington Who's Who
- Scripps Quality Council (2000-2003
- Scripps Professional Review Committee (2002-3)
- San Diego County Medical Association, Bioethics Committee (2000)
- California Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Instructional Course Committee (2001 - 2004)
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Practice Enhancement Subcommittee (2001 - 2004)
- ASPS/PSEF Joint Outcomes Rask Force/Patient Care Parameters Committee (2002 - 2004)
- Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla, California
- Scripps Encinitas Hospital, Encinitas, California
- University of California San Diego, San Diego, California