Charles K. Herman, M.D., F.A.C.S., is an award-winning plastic and reconstructive surgeon practicing in Pennsylvania and on Fifth Avenue in New York City. His practice includes cosmetic surgery of the breasts, face, and body. Dr. Herman has extensive experience in breast surgery, having been an investigator in the silicone breast implant studies and actively involved in the research of new breast implant materials. He recently coedited a major encyclopedia entitled "Encyclopedia of Body Sculpting After Massive Weight Loss," which has become a best-selling reference textbook in the field of body contouring after weight loss. The body contouring procedures detailed in the encyclopedia include breast lift, breast augmentation, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), lower body lift, brachioplasty (arm lift), facelift, and necklift surgery. His is lead editor of the new textbook "Encyclopedia of Aesthetic Rejuvenation Through Volume Enhancement," which includes chapters on cosmetic fillers such as Restylane and Perlane, breast implants, facial implants, fat injections, and stem cell injections. Dr. Herman's rhinoplasty and reconstruction of the cheek of an American soldier injured in Iraq received international attention and was the feature of the popular Discover Channel cable television series American Chopper. In addition to his busy clinical practice, Dr. Herman serves in a leadership capacity as Chief Medical Executive and Chairman of Surgery at Pocono Health Systems in Pennsylania and on the faculties of both Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City and The Commonwealth Medical College in Pennsylvania.
All surgery is performed only in accreditated hospitals or surgery centers. Patients can choose between having their surgery in one the country's top hospitals or in the private setting of a fully accreditated ambulatory surgery center. A private nurse and assistant will greet you on your day of surgery and make your surgical experience as pleasant as possible. Nurses are also available to accompany patients back to their homes to assist them in the postoperative recovery period.
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY
- M.D. Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 2006
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- Chief Medical Executive and Chairman of Surgery, Pocono Health Systems, PA
- Attending Surgeon, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY