- Revision SkinCare
- Jane Iredale
At Cotter Plastic Surgery, we are dedicated to providing the highest degree of excellence in diagnostic and surgical skills as well as result-oriented skin care services in a caring, comfortable and compassionate environment.
We take pride in delivering our personalized services with unparalleled expertise. We treat each patient with kindness, respect and dignity and are committed to making our patient’s relationship with us a priority.
Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Undertaking a plastic surgery procedure for the face, body, and breast is a big decision. We strive to provide the best and safest cosmetic surgery for our patients. Our goal is to empower you to look and feel your best by offering results oriented surgical procedures by a board certified plastic surgeon
BREAST ENHANCEMENT - Dr. Cotter offers a variety of surgical breast procedures that will will allow you the opportunity to improve or enhance your breast appearance.
- Breast Augmentation
- Augmentation Revision
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift
- Male Breast Reduction
FACIAL REJUVENATION - We strive to achieve natural looking results to empower you to look and feel your best.
- Face Lift
- Brow Lift
- Neck Lift
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
- Otoplasty (Ear Surgery
BODY CONTOURING -Slimming and reshaping specific areas of the body as well as improving body contour and proportion will ultimately enhance your self-image.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
SKIN CARE TREATMENTS & PRODUCTS - Whether it is a complement to cosmetic surgery, or an individual approach to skin care, our facial rejuvenation treatments and thoughtfully selected skin care products can create a softer, more radiant appearance.
- Botox Cosmetic
- Juvederm XC
- Juvederm Voluma
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Vein Reduction
- Laser Hair Reduction
SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
Our cosmetic consultation provides us the opportunity to learn about you and your desired results. We believe it is important to spend time getting to know you personally so that we can best meet your needs.
During your appointment, you will meet with Dr. Cotter and members of his team where you will have the opportunity to share your goals and aspirations. Dr. Cotter will then discuss appropriate personalized options for your desired results. Once there is a clear understanding of the best next step for you, we will discuss treatment fees or draft a quote based on any necessary fees for your surgical plan. We will review the details of the quote and any supporting documentation with you and answer any additional questions you may have. Often patients will schedule their treatment or surgery at that time; however, if you decide to wait, we will gladly follow up with you within 10-14 days.
As an established plastic surgery practice with many years of experience, we take special care with our patients who are beginning to contemplate plastic surgery as well as those who have had cosmetic procedures in the past. We are also available to provide second opinions or further information as you move forward with your plastic surgery decision.
We encourage you to visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ web site at http://plasticsurgery.org. Here you will find resources to answer many questions or perhaps help in prompting new questions for Dr. Cotter. We want you to feel confident in your understanding of any procedure you decide on.
Dr. Cotter is available for cosmetic consultations, procedures and treatments on Wednesdays and Fridays.
We operate primarily at one of two facilities on the campus of Shelby Baptist Medical Center in the comfort of Alabaster, Alabama just south of Birmingham. Procedures that do not require overnight stays are generally performed at Shelby Ambulatory Surgery at the Physician's Center. Procedures requiring overnight stays are done at Shelby Baptist Medical Center. Post-operative care is arranged through the hospital’s attractive and well appointed Women’s Center or the new South Tower.
The staff at both facilities provide professional, compassionate, care with your privacy as a priority. They feature state-of-the-art modern operating rooms, pre-op and recovery areas. Our anesthesia teams are made up of board certified anesthesiologists and certified, registered, fully credentialed nurse anesthetists. We also have two operating rooms in our office that we use for smaller procedures that can be done under lcoal anesthetics.
- B.S. - University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa 1974 - 1978
- M.D. - University of Alabama, Birmingham 1978 -1982
- M.B.A. Auburn University, 2012
- General Surgery Residency - Carraway Methodist Medical Center 1982 - 1985
- Plastic Surgery Residency - University of Louisville 1985 - 1987
- Brohm Award for Surgical Excellence awarded by Dr. Hiram Polk
- Journal of Trauma - Rapid Peritoneal Lavage
- American Family Physician - Traumatic Diaphragmatic Injuries
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary
- Distinguished Undergraduate Scholar - University of Alabama
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1989
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Alabama Councilor, Southern Medical Association
- Chief, Department of Surgery, Shelby Baptist Medical Center 2007 - 2012
- Chair, Surgical Division, Baptist Physician Alliance
- Member, Board of Trustees, Baptist Health Systems, Birmingham, Alabama 2008 -present
- Alabama Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Shelby County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Shelby Baptist Medical Center, Alabaster, AL
- Shelby Ambulatory Surgery Center, LLC, Alabaster, AL