Rhinoplasty (Nose reshaping)
Aesthetic/cosmetic surgery of the breast, body and face
Lymphedema Surgery including VLNT, LVA, specialized lmyphatic liposuction
Microsurgical breast reconstruction with DIEP, GAP and SIEA flaps
About Jay W. Granzow, M.D., M.P.H.:
Dr. Granzow is double Board Certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. He specializes in microvascular surgery, breast reconstruction, rhinoplasty, and aesthetic/cosmetic surgery of the breast, body and face.
Born in Santa Monica and raised in a medical family, Dr. Granzow is native to the Los Angeles area.
He attended college at Princeton, where he majored in chemical engineering and graduated with honors and a certificate in engineering biology. During that time, he also completed independent work in the Programs in Robotics and Intelligent Systems and independent work in vaccine production at Merck Pharmaceuticals.
After college, Dr. Granzow attended Tulane Medical School and soon developed an interest both in surgery and microsurgery. These interests continued throughout both of his residencies; first in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at USC in Los Angeles followed by Plastic Surgery at the University of Miami in Florida. He graduated medical school in 1997 in the top 10% of his class and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Granzow also holds a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) degree with a focus in Health Systems Management. He completed this during his time in medical school at Tulane.
After finishing his formal training in Plastic Surgery, Dr. Granzow traveled throughout the United States and internationally for almost 18 months, spending significant amounts of time working closely with many of the world's top surgeons in advanced microsurgery and aesthetic surgery. This included fellowships both in microsurgery and perforator flap breast reconstruction with Dr. Robert Allen in New Orleans, Louisiana and in advanced aesthetic surgery with Dr. Bryan Mendelson in Melbourne, Australia. Among the other physicians with whom he worked were Dr. Fu-Chan Wei in Taiwan, Dr. Isao Koshima in Japan, Dr. Philip Blondeel in Belgium and Dr. Hakan Brorson in Sweden.
Dr. Granzow has presented on various plastic surgery topics, including rhinoplasty, lymphedema surgery, and perforator flap breast reconstruction, at leading scientific and health meetings and has authored numerous articles in recent and upcoming issues of the major, peer reviewed, plastic surgery journals. He has also helped to perform a perforator flap breast reconstruction as part of a live surgical demonstration at the most recent international meeting on perforator flaps last held in Barcelona, Spain.
Dr. Granzow joined the UCLA Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2005 where he is Associate Professor of Surgery. His primary responsibilities include Harbor UCLA Medical Center where he is the Assistant Chief of Plastic Surgery and his private practice in the South Bay.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Granzow, please contact his office at (310) 882-6261.
- B.S.E. Princeton (honors in engineering)
- M.P.H., Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- M.D., Tulane Medical School
- General Surgery Internship, LAC+USC Medical Center
- Head and Neck Surgery Residency, LAC+USC Medical Center
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Miami - Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, LSU Center for Health Sciences
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, Toorak Cosmetic Surgery Centre, Melbourne, Australia
- Visiting Fellow, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
- Visiting Fellow, Tokyo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- Visiting Fellow, University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
- Languages Spoken Fluently: Spanish, German
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 2006
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2003
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- National Lymphedema Network
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center (Assistant Chief of Plastic Surgery)
- UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Little Company of Mary Hospital, Torrance, CA
- Little Company of Mary Hospital, San Pedro, CA
- Long Beach Memorial Hospital, Long Beach, CA
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Torrance, CA
- St. John's Hospital, Santa Monica, CA