- What is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Breast Augmentation Before and After
- What You Should Know Before Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Preparing for Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast Augmentation Procedure Steps
- Important Facts about Breast Augmentation Risks and Complications
- Recovery Time for Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation and Results
- Breast Augmentation Costs
- Breast Augmentation Glossary
- Questions to ask your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
Breast Augmentation Costs
As an elective surgery, the cost of breast augmentation is a consideration for many patients. A surgeon's cost for breast augmentation may vary based on his or her experience, the type and cost of breast implants used, as well as geographic office location.
Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask.
Cost may include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Breast implant cost
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
- Medical tests
Most health insurance plans will not cover cosmetic breast augmentation costs, related complications or another surgery to revise the appearance of your breasts. Some carriers even exclude breast diseases in patients who have breast implants. You must carefully review your health insurance policy.
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee
When choosing a plastic surgeon for breast enlargement or breast enhancement, remember that the surgeon’s experience with breast implants and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.