There are two main reasons to choose Dr. Reath as your plastic surgeon: his personal approach and his professional qualifications.
His personal approach
Dr Reath's motto is "The personal approach to personal change." This is not just a catchphrase. His passion is using his skills and abilities to help his patients improve the quality of their lives. Routinely, patients comment on how pleasantly surprised they are by the amount of time Dr. Reath spends with them personally.
His Professional Qualifications
Not only is Dr. David Reath board-certified, he just completed a two-year-term as member-at-large of the Board of Directors of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is the only plastic surgeon in the region to serve on the board.
In addition, Dr. Reath is
- Celebrating over 20 years as East Tennessee's plastic surgeon.
- Past-President of the Tennessee Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Selected by Cityview Magazine as one of Knoxville's "Top Docs" again in 2009.
- A member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, an elite group of board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in aesthetic surgery of the face and body.
- Past-President of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- A past-member of the prestigious Committee on Trauma.
- A national and international renowned speaker and lecturer.
- An Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of Tennessee.
Dr. Reath received his training as a general surgeon at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond and completed plastic surgery training at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
"Today in Plastic Surgery" Breast Augmentation Podcast Features Dr. Reath and one of his patients.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has produced a news series of podcasts designed to better inform potential patients about current issues in the field of plastic surgery. They chose Dr. Reath and one of his patients to be featured in the most recent podcast about breast augmentation.
Breast augmentation (also known as augmentation mammaplasty) is a surgical procedure that uses implants to produce fuller breasts or restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy.
This highly individualized procedure should be undertaken for yourself, not to fulfill someone else's desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
In this twenty minute podcast:
- Dr. Reath, an ASPS Member Surgeon, discusses various breast augmentation options, what to expect during the consultation with your surgeon, and safety and recovery issues to consider
- A patient of Dr. Reath's describes her reasons for having the procedure, how she prepared for her consultation, and how long it took to return to her normal daily routine
For Out of Town Patients:
Finding someone who offers the kind of effective aesthetic enhancement results that bring out your natural beauty, as well as giving you the personalized, compassionate care you will need, may cause you to look outside your own community. You may decide the best option is for you to travel here to Knoxville, Tennessee for your plastic surgery.
Many patients from outside the Knoxville area choose Dr. Reath. As you might expect, some are from rural communities that don't have local access to a board-certified plastic surgeon. However, most come from major metropolitan areas attracted by Dr. Reath's national reputation, our reasonable surgical fees and the friendly southern hospitality.
We welcome patients from all over the world and make it a point to help patients arrange travel to the area, as well as recommend the best places to stay for your visit. We especially welcome members of our armed services and are honored to help you arrange your surgery during your next military leave.
Dr. David B. Reath is a renowned plastic surgeon in the Knoxville area who will personally work with you to get the results you want whether you are interested in a subtle change or an extreme makeover, Dr. Reath will take the time to really listen to you. Then he'll explain all your options, answer your questions and help you decide if plastic surgery is the answer for you. It's a personal approach to personal change.
There is a $100 consultation fee, which can be applied to the cost of your surgery, should you choose to schedule.
Dr. Reath performs most procedures at the Physician's Surgery Center on Sullins Avenue with a board-certified anesthesiologist. For the safety and well being of his patients, Dr. Reath does not perform these procedures in his office.
Location & Office Hours
109 Northshore Drive