Due to scheduled maintenance, the plasticsurgery.org and psenetwork.org website will be intermittently unavailable starting on Sunday 8/2/2015 at 9:00PM until Sunday 8/2/2015 at 11:59PM Central Time.
2010 Press Release Archives
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Names Seattle Physician President
- Phillip Haeck, MD is named president of the ASPS
Plastic Surgery Foundation Inducts Yale Physician as President
- John A. Persing, MD is named President of The PSF
Patients of Courage Share Strength Following Plastic Surgery
- A former police officer injured in the line of duty, a teenage girl with a craniofacial anomaly, a breast reconstruction patient, and a man injured by a drunk driver will be named honorees of the Patients of Courage: Triumph Over Adversity awards by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) at Plastic Surgery 2010
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Hosts 79th Annual Meeting
- The hottest topics, technologies, and research will be presented at Plastic Surgery 2010, the annual scientific meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), Oct. 1-5, in Toronto.
Children and Lawn Mowers, a Dangerous Combination
- The Rudie family knows all too well how dangerous lawn mowing can be when proper safety precautions are not taken. In July 2009, Mrs. Brenda Rudie’s two-year-old son Brandon suffered devastating facial injuries in a lawn mower accident. His father was mowing the lawn and Brandon was in a cart behind him with his 5-year-old cousin. Somehow Brandon fell out of the front and his father backed up, accidentally running him over.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Selects New Executive Vice President
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is pleased to announce the selection of Michael D. Costelloe as its new Executive Vice President and as the Executive Vice President of The Plastic Surgery Foundation (The PSF).
Plastic Surgeons, Breast Surgeons Urge Team Approach
- Advocating the need for a medical Team Approach in the treatment and recovery from breast cancer, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), in partnership with the American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBS), urges breast cancer patients, and their physicians, to insist that their treatment be handled by a team of healthcare physicians with the appropriate expertise for each procedure and level of care.
ASPS Reports Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Down in 2009, up in 2010
- According to the new 2009 ASPS statistics, 12.5 million cosmetic plastic surgery procedures were performed in the United States in 2009, down 1 percent from 2008; up 69 percent since 2000. Nearly 5.2 million reconstructive plastic surgery procedures were performed last year.
New Survey Shows Interest in Cosmetic Surgery is Up - Body Contouring and Antiaging Procedures Top the List
- A decline in Americans undergoing cosmetic surgery and treatments, as reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) today, appears to be a pause triggered by the recession rather than a wholesale change in attitudes toward cosmetic makeovers.