For Release: 12/21/2011
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and eClinicalWorks announced today an agreement to establish a three-year joint initiative to provide a customized electronic medical record for ASPS Member Surgeons. The agreement, which brings together the world's largest specialty society of plastic surgeons with one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare IT, will leverage both organizations' respective strengths to develop and deliver the latest technological advances in electronic health records to plastic surgery practices nationwide.
"ASPS has a long history of innovation in providing our members with practice management solutions including emerging information technology tools," said ASPS President Malcolm Z. Roth, MD. "Through collaborations like this, we can help transform the delivery of healthcare throughout the specialty of plastic surgery while also providing our members with competitive pricing on state-of-the-art information technology."
"eClinicalWorks and ASPS share the vision and the entrepreneurial spirit that evolution demands," said Sameer Bhat, co-founder and vice-president of sales for eClinicalWorks. "This partnership further strengthens our leadership with specialties. We are excited to collaborate with this leading medical specialty society and are confident our proven track record of product innovation will meet the needs of plastic surgeons."
The selection of eClinicalWorks follows an 18-month evaluation process led by a taskforce of ASPS members supported by staff. The taskforce surveyed members to understand practice profiles as well as different EMR/PM vendors to assess software features and functionality including options for client server or cloud based installations. eClinical Works will allow members a cost effective entrance into an electronic medical record system.
Under the agreement, plastic surgeons will access a suite of eClinicalWorks systems:
• eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, conduct ePrescribing and formulary checking through Surescripts, and electronically communicate with referring physicians, securely sending consult notes and clinical data;
• eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
• eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
• eClinicalMobile® permits physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
• eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements; and
• eClinicalWorks P2PTM provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the world's largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons. Representing more than 7,000 Member Surgeons, the Society is recognized as a leading authority and information source on aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. ASPS comprises more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. Founded in 1931, the Society represents physicians certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. ASPS advances quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
About eClinicalWorkseClinicalWorks® is a privately held leader in the ambulatory clinical systems market. The company’s comprehensive electronic health records and practice management solution is proven for every market segment: large practice groups, including Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as medium, small and solo practices regardless of specialty. The company has established a five-year compounded growth rate of more than 100 percent year-to-year. With an established customer base of more than 180,000 providers and 370,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states, eClinicalWorks has been awarded multiple top industry honors including being named to the Inc. 5000 for the past five consecutive years. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Pleasanton, Calif. and Alpharetta, Ga. More information on eClinicalWorks can be found at www.eclinicalworks.com or by calling 866-888-6929.