Reshaping Lives: Examining Plastic Surgery's Present & Future
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has joined forces with television network ITN and ABC’s Lincoln Square Productions to create a dedicated news program on plastic surgery titled Reshaping Lives. In this series, we'll examine some of the most important issues and technologies shaping the present and future of plastic surgery.
Click on the playlist to the right to watch the following segments:
- An interview with ASPS President Dr. Scot B. Glasberg, MD, on the importance of choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Highlights from Plastic Surgery The Meeting, the premiere annual scientific meeting for plastic surgeons around the world.
- How the public perceives plastic surgery.
- How ACell and plastic surgeons are treating complex wounds with innovative regenerative medicine techniques.
- The National Breast Implant Registry, a collaboration between plastic surgeons and the FDA.
- A new scalpel from Medtronic that makes healing and recovering easier.
- An interview with ASPS Member Surgeon Dr. Sydney Coleman on the growing possibilities of fat grafting in plastic surgery.
- An interview with ASPS Member Surgeon Dr. Alan Matarasso on the issues facing the plastic surgery industry today.
- How the non-profit Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation is helping improve the grafting process in reconstructive plastic surgery.
About Reshaping Lives
"Plastic surgery is a specialty with many facets. Through this program, ASPS aspires to highlight the depth and breadth of plastic surgery and the specialty’s broad patient scope, showcase leading-edge technological advancements and, most importantly, demonstrate how plastic surgery has the power to dramatically change lives."ASPS Executive Vice President Michael D. Costelloe
Reshaping Lives, a partnership between ASPS and ITN Productions that will delve deeper into the issues affecting the industry and bring them to life with a look at innovative ways of ensuring patient safety, the collaboration with other parts of healthcare, the research framing the future of plastic surgery, the stigmas attached to surgery, and the positive ways in which the sector is contributing to people’s lives - particularly after a serious accident or life threatening illness.