Director of Education
Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Director of Education
Reports To: Vice President of Education and Development
Supervises: Responsible for 10 FTE Department, with direct supervision of Senior Manager of Educational Programs, Senior Manager Educational Operations, Program Manager III: University Curriculum and the Resident Education Team.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a director of education to work in our Education Department.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is seeking a highly motivated seasoned individual to oversee the activities of the Education Department including online and live accredited and non-accredited educational offerings for domestic and international plastic surgeons, residents/fellows, affiliated healthcare professionals and practice staff. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a medical society, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries.
- Serves as the primary Education Department liaison with ASPS/PSF, sister-societies, and other plastic surgery-related organization leadership as it relates to ASPS's educational initiatives.
- In concert with volunteer leaders, oversees all aspects of educational program development (including needs assessment, curriculum overview, evaluation and strategic planning) for multiple programs, including but not limited to, Clinical Symposia, Coding Workshops, the In-Service Examination, Resident Education Center, ASPS University curriculum and the Annual Meeting.
- Oversees budgeting process and budget adherance for all Education budgets.
- Oversees ASPS's overall compliance with applicable accreditation standards (e.g. ACCME).
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Annual Meeting Program Committee and Annual Meeting Council, and directs other Education committee staff liaisons in their activities related to the following committees: In-Service Examination Committee, Emerging Trends Committee, Online Education Editorial Committee, Online Curriculum Committee, ASPS University Committee and Maliniac Lecture Selection Committee.
- Leads, in concert with other ASPS senior staff, development and execution of resources and programs for Performance Improvement-CME and Maintenance of Certification.
- Maintains ongoing understanding of adult learning theories, methodologies and technologies, as well as the core competencies of plastic surgery to ensure incorporation into relevant educational programs and strategic planning efforts.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Education, Human Resources, Business, or related field is required. Masters Degree desired. Clincal education/training a plus.
- Certifications: CPLP or PMP a plus.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "Director of Education" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).