Director of Project Management Office
Are you a project management professional looking to help an organization become more innovative and efficient? Are you a motivated, driven individual with a passion for the healthcare industry and medical specialty societies? If so, ASPS may have the perfect job for you!
What You Will Do
The Director of Project Management Office is a senior management position with direct leadership and hands-on oversight of the PMO. Responsible for the strategic development of the interface of key enterprise projects. Accountable for implementing appropriate project management methodologies and best practices, which includes improving the overall project portfolio management maturity across the organization, as well as tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of all PMO initiatives. Provides strategic planning, policy development and implementation for each project in close partnership with the department project owners. Supports and enables the organization's projects, programs and structured work efforts, as well as ensure the work of the PMO adds value, meets goals and is relevant to and aligns with the strategy of the organization. Fosters collaboration, strategic alignment and integrated planning and execution across multiple functions in a complex and innovative medical specialty society environment.
- Oversee the Society's Project Management Office including the deployment, along with mentoring staff to leverage the use of standards, processes, methods, tools and metrics
- Support a Society-wide culture of project management and operational efficiency by creating and maintaining project management office policies and processes
- Continuously evaluate projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets and meeting deadlines
- Measure and monitor resource availability and allocation across enterprise-wide projects
- Accurately document the project's creation, development and execution as well as document the project's scope, budget and justification
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and apply expert project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes and systems to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Measure performance by establishing project KPIs and success factors, monitoring project statuses and providing reports to the Executive Leadership Team
- Coordinate internal resources with vendor resources to complete project work as required
- Provide centralized control, coordination and reporting of scope, change, cost, risk and quality across all society's projects
- Train, coach and mentor project managers in project management, accurate project documentation and project delivery
- Ensure the repeatability of successful projects by establishing standards, artifacts and best practices across projects
- Increase collaboration and simplify interdepartmental communication across projects
- Provide increased stakeholder satisfaction with project-related work through increased communications, collaboration, training and awareness
What You Will Need
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Over five years of experience in Project Management and Project Management Office
- Experience with multiple delivery models including Agile, Waterfall and hybrid approaches
- Experience with Asana project management platform strongly preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP), CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or any other project management-related certifications.