Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Exhibits Coordinator
Department: Exhibits and Corporate Development
Reports To: Staff Vice President of Education and Corporate Development
Coordinates planning and execution of exhibits related projects, to include communications, marketing, promotional opportunities and sales support for the ASPS annual meeting, clinical symposia and other events; Provides high-level customer service for all exhibitors and prospects while maintaining a focus on identifying and building new industry partnerships.
- Provide customer service support to all current and prospective exhibitors including answering exhibit sales inquiries, vetting prospective exhibitors, billing questions, and promoting current promotions, exhibit requirements, or deadlines.
- Process exhibit contracts, order processing, and related reports for the annual scientific meeting and clinical symposia.
- Liaison directly with general services contractor and service providers to collect and publish detailed exhibitor services manual for the society's annual meeting.
- Coordinate and promote the collection of exhibitor information to be published in the online directory and program guide for distribution to attendees at the societies' annual meeting.
- Assist exhibits team with coordination of logistical details for exhibit hall planning, to including but not limited to meeting specs, signage fulfillment, registration services, and providing communication to internal stakeholders.
- Work with Communications Department to provide and maintain exhibitor information in promotional publications and on the society's website and annual meeting websites.
- Maintain database with current exhibit and sponsor contacts throughout the year.
- Work in conjunction with the exhibits team in conducting the online space assignment for the annual meeting to include related exhibitor communications, facilitating booth assignments, and confirmations.
- Assist the Exhibits Manager in review and publication of exhibitor communications, to include but not limited to website copy, emails, social media posts, exhibitor prospectus, and other promotional materials
- Assist the Exhibits Manager to oversee exhibitor registration, lead retrieval services, track booth violations, Certificates of Insurance (COI), and Exhibitor-Appointed Contractors onsite at the society's meetings.
- Assist in developing the annual meeting security services schedule; work directly with the security vendor and internal stakeholders to finalize security needs for the society's meetings.
- This position requires up to 5% travel, ranging between 2-10 days
- Education: Associates degree required.
- Experience: Approx. 2 years related experience.
- Certifications: CMP, CMM or CEM preferred
- Communication: Communicates well (written and verbal) with high-level industry representatives, membership and internal stakeholders.
- Composure: Demonstrates ability to manage a variety of situations with a calm demeanor and diplomacy and make decisions under pressure.
- Customer Service: Works well with corporate partners and vendors, promotes a positive image of the company, strives to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Initiative: Takes action, welcomes opportunity for improvement and seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Quality: Strives to eliminate errors, accuracy and efficiency are a high-priority; seeks opportunities to improve processes.
- Results Driven: Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
- Teamwork: Ability to work well with others in the organization, outside facilities, and vendors. Recognize that all bring forth expertise and welcome input.
- Work Habits: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Keeps lines of communication open. Meets deadlines and adapts to change.
- Work Terms: Demonstrates adequate knowledge of meeting industry terms and concepts.
- Manual Dexterity: Daily computer usage. Physically operate routine office equipment, such as telephones, computers, and copier.
- Physical Effort: Work requires occasional lifting of boxes. Required to lift up to 25lbs.
- Working Conditions: Most work done in office, use of computer and telephone for discussion with corporate partners, vendors and staff. May be required to travel to sites other than the organization's main office. Work overtime as required.
- Hazards: Hazardous conditions on site at annual meeting during set-up and dismantle in the exhibit hall (fork lifts, heavy equipment, heavy boxes).
For consideration for this position, please send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "Exhibits Coordinator" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).