Grant Program Associate
Are you a grant facilitator looking for the next step in your career? Do you have grant program experience? Interested in nonprofit organizations and the healthcare industry? If so, ASPS has the perfect position for you!
The Grant Program Associate serves as an organizational liaison between grantees, research programs and internal and external finance and research staff. This position is responsible for administration of all components of the ASPS/PSF investigator-initiated grant, scholarship and awards programs, including preparation and clarification of guidelines for applicants and of reporting requirements for awardees; analysis of the funded grants, and accurate and timely data entry, beginning with opening an application through the review of final grant reports and closing of the grants. The Grant Program Associate creates and monitors reporting schedules, subject authorizations/approvals, deadlines and requirements to ensure consistent grant processing. The Grant Program Associate works with other organizational staff in reporting of research program activities and will serve as the staff liaison to the Study Section.
This position is also responsible for writing external communications about the Grant Program's activities. Position should have strong written and verbal communications skills, attentiveness to details, proven commitment to meeting deadlines, strong organizational skills, customer-service mindset, willingness to learn and general positivity, curiosity, creativity and self-motivation.
What Will You Do
Manage and facilitate the application, review and awards process for The PSF Grants, Scholarships and Awards Program.
- Prepare call for applications each year, including confirmation of award slate with external funders and partners
- Review and revision of grant guidelines
- Preparation of technology platform (proposalCENTRAL) for application cycle
- Promotion efforts in collaboration with Communications Department
- Screen applications for eligibility
- Assign applications to appropriately expert reviewers
- Coordinate the implementation of a Basic and a Clinical Study Section meeting
- Work with external partners to ensure grant program eligibility and funding preferences are met
- Maintain post-award program including notification of award, deliverable gathering for award recipients, tracking of all award deliverables throughout the duration of the grant award, facilitating, when appropriate, no cost extensions, assuring compliance with IRS and Foundation-specific policies for assigned grants. Creates and monitors reporting schedules, subject authorizations/approvals, deadlines and requirements to ensure consistent grant processing. Provides technical oversight to awarded grants: ensure adherence to established terms and conditions of grants and regulatory and scientific standards of research conduct.
- Ensures accurate and timely payment of all awards; as well as actively tracking payment documentation in collaboration with Finance Department.
- Provide technical expertise to all grant applicants and awardees.
- Manage portfolio of grants as assigned, including the assessment of the progress of activities funded to determine if the goals of grants and Research Department are being met.
- Analyze and report out on data relating to The PSF Grants program.
- Work with Development Department to secure funding for PSF grant program, and prepare progress reports for dollars awarded to The PSF.
- Provided needed expertise to grant applicants regarding NIH standard practices and procedures.
What Else Will You Be Responsible For
- Manage and facilitate application and review process for The PSF's Breast Reconstruction Awareness Fund Grant Program, including post-award deliverable collection and payment.
- Coordinate all aspects of and collaborate in the planning, communication and evaluation of education programs (e.g., Research Fundamentals Workshops and web-based programs) applicable to The PSF Grants Scholarships and Awards Program.
- Coordinate all aspects of The PSF Grant Application Mentoring Session
- Manage and maintain timely content about ASPS/PSF research projects/programs on PlasticSurgery.org and ThePSF.org.
- Serve as staff liaison to Study Section
- Maintain necessary correspondence and administrative and financial requirements for assigned projects and programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external physicians, scientists, clinical investigators, contract research organizations, study sites/research institutions to initiate and facilitate project activities.
- Maintain knowledge of ASPS/PSF structure, goals and functions.
- Support Staff and Physician leadership as needed in reviewing project materials, gathering background information and preparing reports or presentations.
- Responds to member inquiries
- Responds to staff inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in successful project administration is required.
- Experience working on project teams with physicians is preferred.
- At least one to three years working in research grant administration is preferred.
- Experience in health-related fields a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing work and handling diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is essential.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and writing ability. Familiarity with medical/scientific terminology preferred. Knowledge of NIH and extramural funding agencies preferred.
- Experience with database creation and management, internet research and standard computer applications are essential.